Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Tire Poll

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clubba68, Aug 16, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Getting some new tires for my rig this week. Have it narrowed down to 3 choices. If you have other ideas, mark Other and reply with what you would choose. I am going with 37x12.50x15's. If you need the specs on my rig and offroading vs. DD situation you can find them here.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What will you be doing with your rig ?? Rock, I'd say Iroks. Mud, Boggers, Mud and DD, Ground Hawgs. I guess it really depends on what you'll be useing your rig for.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

MTR's don't do well in the mud. So if you do mud and muddy trails I would stay away from them. I personally love my MTR's but I run dry rocks. They do well in the snow though I understand.

If it is mostly trail I vote IROK's. (I did) Iroks are good to because they are light and will help keep the rotating mass down and be more D44 friendly.

If you want the toughest damn tire around get the TSL SX's. They don't ride awefully well but are AWESOME tires. They are not radials though. They do well in the mud and rocks. They are heavy tires though and will tear up a D44.

Harley

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

They now have Irok radials in 37" I think /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Its hard to know what your looking for though, you have ssr's and iroks in the lineup, ones a steel belted radial, the other a bias (if you are talking about the regular iroks). If going bias I would get the TSL's, I am not sold on the bias Iroks and they have less tread on 'em /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I love how the IROKS sound... I will be getting some.
    Wheres the "i'm nekkid" choice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

The IROKS I was talking about are the 37x12.50x15 radials.
    All the tires in the poll are radials so don't think about it as comparing radial v bias ply. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned