Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Tires on DD

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well after some 36000 miles on my Goodyear Workhorses I decided it time for some new tires. I probably could of made it until 40,000 but I had money to spare now so I sprung for new tires. I had paid 112 a peice for the Workhorses and I paid 84 a peice for these Winston Winner MTs.

My overall thoughts on the workhorses were that they are a Good tire and that you definatly get what you pay for. I wanted something that would sling a little more mud. I had some problems with the Workhorses gumming up at times. However they did provide excellent tractions in the winter.

Here are the new tires I had mounted today. And for those wondering yes I took care of the old tires in the proper way, There is some rubber that I laid out back behind Kerts shop saturday, and then I did the burnout of the year at my buddys 22nd birthday party later that night. I just wish I had some pics.:doah:

[​IMG]

2. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

That's the exact same tread design as the chepo m/t's at wally world. They call them Super Sports. Had a buddy with them in 35's on his '76 Chevy and I had them (35's) on my old Toy. I was pretty impressed with them in the snow and mud. They seemed to have a good tread life to them too. You should be happy with them.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

These are the first MTs ive ever owned. I can tell the hum is louder already and ive only driven it like 30 on pavement so far. I doubt its bothers me I have an ok stereo. I had it on gravel and can tell they "bite" way better then my workhorses did. I may sipe the center treads for this winter but im not sure yet, We'll see what happens.