Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new tires

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ronnny, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Just had to say that i got new tires for my truck today. :woot: Was birthday present to me from last wednesday. 35-12.5r15 chaparral a/p all four for $370 with tax. :deal: Man could not get no 33's like he said so gave me a little discount. :dunno: Then brought them home and me and my youngest put them on the wheel and then on the truck. :truck: The truck had 35's when i bought it but with the tires on it just in the drive it looks like i am going to cut more fender to make sure the tires are safe. :hack: needs a little less rust in the front anyway. :grind: These tires look just a little more aggresive than a bfg at tire and setting on the truck measure just over 34". :grin:

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

new tires are always good. :laugh: how old was the little person that helped??

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

My son that helped is 15. He can change an easier tire off the wheel better than the 16 year old with two tire tools. But he has always been decent at all the outdoor things from fishing to working on almost anything when shown once or twice. Have to start on driving on the road soon. If he does good with the 3 on the tree he may get it as a first truck and i get anther. Who knows. Matthew(the younger one) I would not be afraid to let him do general maint. on my truck as for the other one you better keep an eye out and do a little checking. Was going to go to a friends that had a manual tire changing stand but could not wait to get the tires on. Have to go visit to get my trailer hitch welded on though.
    Matthew also seems to be able to think about how to drive off road better than his older brother for some reason seeing where to go to make it places instead of the other one just hitting a big mud hole or stopping on soft ground.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

ah, kids.my 15 year old is drag racing his 80 firebird and can barely change his own oil, but my 4 year old has helped me wrench on my trucks and mamma's van. AUDRIC even tightens the lugs after a brake job. :laugh: