Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New tires????????????

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tom4, Feb 12, 2006.

1. tom4

tom4 Registered Member

Ok I need help! I wan't the 42' tsl however they only make this in a 16.5 width for the 16in rim. (i may be wrong) So in order to run this tire one a dana 60 I would need to run a beedlock.... but this is extra money. I could do an irok but i really like the Tsl. I could also just go with a 39.5 inch tsl.... What should I do???? Is the 42' worth it over the 39 TSL? Is the tsl better than the IROK? or am i wrong and can i run a Tsl without a bead lock. Please help, what tires do ya'll recomend???? (I like rock crawling but I am more into mud, i need and all around tire that is good in the mud. I won't street drive it that much so that isnt a problem.)

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

3. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why do you feel the need to run a bead lock with that combo?

Tire width or rim design?

The 16.5 rim is the one without a significant bead area, aren't the 16's "normal"?

4. tom4

tom4 Registered Member

I could be getting my stuffed mixed up. The ones I was looking at it recomended a bead lock. What are the exact specs I would need to run a 42' ss tsl on a 16inch tall rim. Its gunna be on the dana 60 so I need a 16 to clear the breaks. Help me out here guys this is a new area to me.

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The only 42" TSL's I see listed on their site are for a 16.5" wheel/rim.
    Yes bead locks are recommended with 16.5's due to the outer lip design. (not having much of one)
    I've wheeled with my 37's down at 8psi without loosing the bead but I think I got lucky. They were SSR's, which are radials, so I think that had some effect.

Check the caliper clearance, what rims are on your D60 now?
    I run 16.5's with my D60 and they barely clear as it is. (mines a furd front end, so they might be different)
    Grinding is of course an option. :grind:

As far as a bead lock for your 16.5's, Look into a set of Staun's.
    Internal 'double' bead lock's. :wink1:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006