Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New titles for your truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Taz, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Taz

Taz Registered Member

I found this site it sells you a title if you buy something without one. has anyone tried this?

titles

thanks

2. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

I don't know about Wisconsin, but in Michigan, it is pretty easy to get a new title with out the extra cost of that service.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh when we bought our 55 a couple years ago we hadta go through alabama and do that.

4. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

You gotta really be careful with titles, if the vehicle you buy doesnt have one FIND OUT WHY. If the title is just lost, fine, but if there is anything fishy going on with it, it will show back up when you try to register it. This service does not give you a title, it only gives you Alabama registration and a bill of sale from them to you. It works because there were no titles before 1975 in Alabama, so an Alabama registration (which is nothing more than a receipt for a tag) will be used as a title in most other states for these older vehicles. Dont get fooled into thinking you can register a vehicle with a problem (stolen, liens, salvage) this easily, you will end up out money and the car and all you will have is a tag receipt that gets trumped by the real title. If you know the real title is clean, it will work fine.

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

That's how I got the title for my truck... alabama.
    Kind of pricey but it worked.
    -- Mike