Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new to ca central coast, where's the trails?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GONZO2, Dec 11, 2003.

1. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

new to ca central coast, where\'s the trails?

well i moved to ca a few weeks ago (lompoc area). since i finally am getting settled in, i'm getting the itch to go wheeling. any trails nearby (maybe 100 mile radius)? i have heard about hitting the sand out by pismo already, anything else? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: new to ca central coast, where\'s the trails?

Welcome, I live just down the way in Santa Barbara. As for trails not much around here but some good fire roads. You could PM ducttape114 he lives in Santa Yenz and he goes all over the place.

3. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

welcome dude!! we might be headed to pismo saterday night. its all sort of up in the air right now thou. shoot me a PM or give me a call 588-0785. look forward to meeting you.
    later

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

hey man, another SB guy here... pismo is the only place that i can think of off the top of my head. If you ever need a drive way to work in or leave your truck for a couple days, let me know. if i get some help installing my locker tomorrow (*coughmattcoughiracough*), i might be at pismo saturday also see ya around

5. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Hey. I live in San Luis Obispo. I mostly go to Pismo, don't know about trails though. I am going back to San Diego for my truck this weekend and won't be back till January. I really want to meet some of you guys (and girls) at the dunes or somewhere here in Central Cali. Let me know what you all thing (maybe a Cen Cal Big Dawgs thing). /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

what part if san deigo are you from? im moving that way at the end of the month.

7. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I'm from El Cajon, been there for 20+ years, I am going to school at Cal Poly though, so I offroad in both places quite frequently. Long drive though, hence the BFG All Terrains /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I don't have many friends who like to "use" their rigs, so it sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I use to live in Santa Maria... I know of plenty of trails a bit north of there off of highway 166 east. There are some much cooler trails north of that that start around Lopez lake (Arroyo Grande) that leads waaaay out into the sticks to Pozo and then continues on to the Paso Robles area... that stuff gets really muddy in the rainy season. I'd show you them but I live 250 miles south of you now /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, although I generally come up about once a month.

9. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I have been out to Pozo, its fun out there. I have also heard of the trails by Arroyo Grande, but never been on them yet. I hear there are river crossings and all sorts of good stuff. Also heard of Suicide Hills in Morro Bay, I guess a bunch of Heeps try to climb these huge hills that full-sizes can tear up!! When can we all meet up next year? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

i live in san diego we dont have crap to offroad on down here.
    there are some construction sites where the guys dont really caare what you do but thats about it. sometimes they get prety muddy though and then it can be fun.

11. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

where are some of those sites? Im in SD too

12. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

There are plenty of places to offroad in SD. First of all there are the deserts (Ocitillo, Sanddam, Gordon's Well, Glamis...). The the mountains are right near there (Pine Valley, Lake Morena, Buckman Springs...), you can even hit Proctor Valley in Jamul if you want. It's not the best, but its way better than nothing. Anyone have any other ideaas? When can we all meet up over the next few weeks? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

14. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I've taken my dirt bike to Hungry Valley, that place is tight. Lots of good hills and small trails to drive trucks through, have always wanted to take the truck back. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

15. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm north of you guys up in modesto.(No I've never met Shandra levy or Scott Peterson) Modesto is smack dab in the middle of the state. If anyone is up in this area looking for someplace to go I'm up for anything.

16. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

thanks for the suggestions on the places to go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

nice to see there are some fellow ck5'rs in the area. maybe after the holidays we can all meet up in pismo or something? sand wheeling would be new to me /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

looks like any free time up till the new year the wife has filled with holiday parties and shopping, so till then if anyone sees the a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif black blazer on 35's with montana plates, honk to let me know you guys are out there

17. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    this is a little notrh of LA http://www.all-offroad.com/DirtBikes/Where2Go/SVRA_HngryVly.html
    just a thought, i've never been though

[/ QUOTE ]
    HV has a good testing area for 4x4's. The rest of it kinda bores me, better for cab-over chainsaws than for trucks.
    Fortunately just west of there are a couple good areas. Check out Frazier Mtn (up the road past Chuchupate RS), Lockwood Valley Re-Route/Miller Heep Trail (about to close for winter), and BC109. There's also the Cherry Creek area just out of Frazier PArk area. Nearly boring in the dry, makes a good snow run.

18. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

That would be good to get together with some of you guys at Pismo, my paddle tires don't get much use /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.... but when they do...!!!!!!

As for the S.D. area wheeling, I'm up in Valley Center, (north of escondido) and know of a couple good places but you have to pay a whopping $5-$10 to get in /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. There is a place called Los Coyotes indian reservation that has decent crawling and is about 45 minutes from me.

19. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How about it, a CK5 Pismo run. Sounds good to me.

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

How about it, a CK5 Pismo run. Sounds good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good.... my tranny is leaking /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif but i think after i fix that i'll be good to go