Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to CB and have some ?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 77crewcab, Oct 22, 2006.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

I am looking at the Uniden PC78LTW or PC78Elite it looks like the only difference is the weather channels, is that right? Will be going with a 102" whip most likely. But I know nothing really about cb so any help is appreciated. Looking to have it for fun, and for extra help on the road when I get no cell phone coverage.

2. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Okay an opinions/experience with the PC78LTW? Is this a decent begginer radio?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Depending on how much you pay for it, any radio can be a good decent little starter radio. The 78 is okay, it's not going too be the loudest most powerfull radio on the airways, but it'll get ya talking.

4. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

But it would be a good learner radio without being a piece of junk. I don't want to get something really crappy or something I will want to upgrade within just a few months.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If there is a fairly large group of regulars talking every night, you'll want that "big" radio pretty soon regaurdless. I know, I had a pretty decent cb in the Monte and got talking too alot of locals. Didn't take long till I went out and bought a Galaxy Saturn base station too be one of the local big talkers, LOL. There's no where near as many locals yaking every night like there was back in the mid 90's (Last time I was really into the radios) so I don't know how fun it would be anymore. I really don't want too screw with the OTR trucker on 27.1850 (Channel 19) because that's just a zoo. Back in the day we had a few local channels with easily over a hundred locals shooting the breeze every night. Good times, meet alot of good people. Meet a couple not so good people too, but made alot of friends on the radio.

6. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Okay thanks!