Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to CBs Need Some Suggestions

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by daleearnhardt01, Dec 5, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Hey yall, I joined the 4x4 club here at school and though its not required its much easier if everyone has a CB. I dont really know much about em as far as whats good and bad. Im thinkin I want a whip mounted on the front fender. Are there better locations than that, I dont want a roof mount. Need suggestions on a radio too, I dont want to break the bank but just need something good enough to get the job done. Thanks yall.

After lookin through previous posts I see that it might be possible to route the wire down through the weatherstriping for the top? I have my Siruis satellite radio wires that way but I wasnt sure if there would be enough room for a coax. If I can do it that way, then thats the way I want to go. Id just use a mag mount too.

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Cobra 29 special edition

It's kinda pricey but you might appreciate it more than others. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But really... If all you want is a radio for the trail then just about any radio will do.

Also yes you can route the coax between the cab and top but the coax can easily be pinched and cause serious problems.
    If you route it carefully and/or notch the top a little it will work though.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Ah the Dale edition, I would appreciate that one. But yeah the primary use is trail only so I dont need a cadillac or anything. Id rather not have a leaky top or coax pinching so Ill stick with the fender mount.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ranger With SSB or Ranger with out SSB

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif lol

[/ QUOTE ]??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ???