Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to CK5 need advise on steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flynhi, Jan 29, 2003.

1. flynhi

flynhi Registered Member

I just purchased 1973 Blazer and have some immeadte Steering concerns: New steering Gear box, dual steering stablizers, and i am hearing that a crossover steering system is the way to keep it from going all over the road when i hit a very modest ruts in regluar asfalt. I need to addtress this before i can truly enjoy my dream truck. I would like any and all advise ( links, stores) and prices i should be paying for this stuff. I was told at a local 4WD store i would need new pitman arm, and tierod and ends
    I would appriciate any and all advise I can email specific pics or measurments /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

First of all welcome, now you should fill out your profile, you never know ,you might live right next door to one of us...You should also see if your frame is cracked by or behind your steering box..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. unsane

unsane Guest

It would be helpful if you filled out your profile! Also you need to do a search on this stuff, you can probably find your answers faster that way.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hah , beat ya by a split second....LOL Usualy works the other way around for me... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. unsane

unsane Guest

I feel like I just got outbid on ebay /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

So I see you folowed the advice and filled your profile.
    You are a neighbour, and there a bunch in Tracy that could help both in locating parts, shops or even helping you out do it yourself.
    Now with 39 inch tires and 6" suspension lift, it is definitely advisable to go cross over steering, but what scares me is the 4" body lift.
    Are you sure?
    Do you have pics?
    I am sure before tomorrow noon you will have a few responses from the guys in tracy or lodi, and they might be able to help you in person.
    Welcome to CK5 world's best place.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Do a search on "Death wobble" if you have a D60 front.
    Welcome to CK5.