Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to CK5 (question inside about right side flat top knuckle)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by puckhead, Jun 18, 2005.

1. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

Hi everyone, my name is Ken, I live in Denver, CO. I have a 82 K1500; right now it has a 33 21.50 15's on centerline convos. It has a crappy 3" body lift that the former owner put in. I have a 52" front conversion in the works and I'm going to try to build a rear spring set up that I've seen previously. I found a dana 44 right side flat top knuckle in a local wrecking yard, but its off one of those old dodge's with the one piece wheel bearing; I think its a full time four wheel drive. Will I be able to use this or do I need to keep looking?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Punctuation is your friend. I couldn't even read that crap. Please begin again, and use proper English sentence structure, or wait for someone who can read babble.

I'd like to help you, really... but I can't read your question.

3. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

I guess I left out that i wanted to run crossover steering and high steering eventually. If this caused any confusion im sorry. As far as that crack about english last time i checked this is english, my wife understood the question and she works in the morgatge industry. So if you just dont understand what im talking about please keep your comments to yourself thankyou

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

My understanding is that the Dodge D44's are special and unique, i.e. won't fit a Chevy axleD44/10b . Do a search for this; I posted recently with a similar question and someone was nice enough to conjure some links about the Dodges.

-- A

5. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

Well i had a good look at it. Honestly from what i could see at the time it didnt look like it would work, but i thought id seek out someone with more expierence. Thanks im pretty sure I wont be able to use it tho

6. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

You need the chevy ones.... And buy the pair, along with the tierod. The flat top knuckles tie rod mounts are tapered from the top, your newer tie rod will get into the spring pack unless you use a zero rate.