Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to CK5

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by bassin4507, Aug 21, 2004.

1. bassin4507

bassin4507 Registered Member

I am a long time reader, first time poster. I have noticed a few of you are within a few hours drive of where I live in Mass. I have a 91 K2500 that I did a SFA swap on, and a 78 K20 with a 400 small block that I am currently gettting road worthy. I would like to go wheeling with some of you someday, there's not much open land around where I live. Anyone know of any good spots?

2. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

Westport, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif WoW you're the closet ck5er I've met yet. I'm in NewBedford. I'm up in Westport at least 3 times a week surfing. Welcome to the boards. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Btw - There's no wheeling around here either /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, check out EC-K5

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

hey, I bought a 87 blazer from a dealer in westport. I know where you are!! 3 hrs east of me!

4. bassin4507

Well if you see a red and gray chevy on 35s, then that's probably me. I'm in new bedford quite often, as I fish comerically out of there. I also keep a skiff at westport point. Where do you go surfing, the state beach ?

5. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

welcome, im out at school in Chicago for another month, then im heading back to Worcester.....not to much wheeling by me....we should all go wheelin i think trucknutzdude knows some wheeling spots..... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

I'll keep an eye out. We usually go surfing at the "private" end of Horseneck between Gooseberry Island and the campground, or Bakers. But usually Horseneck as you don't get ticketed for parking like Bakers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    welcome, im out at school in Chicago for another month, then im heading back to Worcester.....not to much wheeling by me....we should all go wheelin i think trucknutzdude knows some wheeling spots..... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some wheeling spots... don't know if they're "legal" or not, but there are no "NO TRESPASSING" signs. I was hoping to have a BBQ this year but since my rig has been draining all my free time and money I didn't plan anything. I'll try again in the spring or maybe we could have a winter wheeling bash /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will also be looking for help with some trail clearing and preparation next fall if anybody is interested in that.

BTW Welcome to CK5, your truck won't be on 35's for very long /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif (I've got some 38.5's for sale on 16.5" wheels if you're interested /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif)

8. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

fall sounds good i hoping that my buddy is going my the teg, and ill get the blazer back up and ripping /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif...then ill get my 6.0 Powerstroke /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. bassin4507

I would be up for a wheeling trip anytime. I would definately go if I was home and not working, my schedule varies, so I can't tell you when I'd be home.