Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new to CK5

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by RockinChevy, Oct 10, 2006.

1. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey guys! My name is Brian, I'm 35, living in Gold Canyon until my roomate's house gets sold then I'm off on another journey.
    I've been a registered guest for a while, snooping around to see what i can build for my 90 blazer. I finally turned member and i found tons more information and now i know exactly what to do with my blazer.
    I'm also looking for some AZ guys to make friends with and wheel with as soon i get my mods done.

I've had my 90 K5 for 2 years and i've had my share of broken parts and some even leaving me dead in the water. I had a bunch of electrical issues with the charging system, numerous times the battery would be drained out on me. I had that fixed a while back and installed dual optima batteries with an isolator and never had another problem.
    I broke the rear 10b ring & pinion twice and cracked the 241 once, wheeled so hard my exhaust broke off, dented up the drivers side panels, left the passenger side intact (weird how I wheel that way lol)...this was all at Sycamore Creek, some of you AZ guys prob know where that is ...

Last week, I wheeled around in the backcountry where i live at. i was cruising 40mph then i hit this wash that was just torn up from that heavy rain from the day before. however i was going too fast to even brake in time,:eek1: ended up jumping the Blazer 4 feet in the air and landed on the front axle then bottoming out the rear shocks so hard, the mounts were ripped off the frame. :doah: YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!!!!! :haha: That ride was wild LOL!
    Drivers side shows no frame damage but there is a crack about almost 1/8" wide and 3" long at the passenger side top shock mount. I just gotta look around for someone to weld up a plate. I'm not going to worry about installing new shocks just yet, i'm still driving it around as is since this is my DD truck lol.....
    i have a 14bff, just needs 5.13s and a locker of some kind. havent decided yet. i plan to install that top shock mount crossmember from DIY4x and some lower shock mounts, which are being shipped at this moment. i have a lot more to modify just yet whenever time and $$ allows... but I'll share them with you guys as soon we all get introduced properly.
    I've been reading a lot of posts and threads and most of them rock!
    boy am I glad I became a member! see ya around guys :saweet:

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Welcome Brian. We wheel the snot out of our rigs- from mild to wild. You will want lockers on most of the trails. see ya out there.

3. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah definitely!! after shattering the R&P, I went for Auburn limited slip for the budget and easy on the street.... no more R&P issues since then, but still yearn for more beef for my heavy foot lol

BTW, I was at Crown King that weekend they had the Firemans ball a few weeks ago, I wasn't expecting the nights to be that cold. I didnt even bring a jacket, but luckily had a desert camo army shirt and dirtbike gloves and I felt just dandy with some ice cold brew all night. My buddies had dirtbikes so they didn't wheel with me, so I went my own way to familiarize myself with the trails. I dont know if you've been on one of those trails out there, but dang, this one had razor sharp rocks! Being my first time on them, and most part that I was alone, I proceeded further then called it quits. Cant afford to risk it again so headed back. Some of the guys are talking about going wheeling there (didnt specify which weekend) so I'm trying to get the shock mounts fixed in time. I'll try to holler before I go.... Maybe see you there, since you're not far from Crown King eh?