Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to CK5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by andhar, Feb 9, 2004.

1. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

Hi guys, I am new to CK5 and this is my first post so please be gentle with me as I don't have lube, anyway.

I bought my first 4x4 about 2 months ago, its an 89 K5 Blazer, a MAJOR project it needs a tranny right now and some other work done to it.

I was wondering how many of you are located here in NY, I would like to hook up with a crew to go offroading with in spring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of my daily driver
    [​IMG]

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

not a bad looking project at all.. if you join up as a paying member, you will have access to the regional forums and can chat with people located in your area on boards set aside for such a purpose.. nice impala too!

WELCOME TO CK5.. THE <font color="red"> BEST </font> FULLSIZE CHEVY SITE EVER!!

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Welcome /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It looks like its time to take the Sawzall to those rusty fenders /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Nice car too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    P.s. Why don't ya fill out yer profile /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Welcome!! Since you already have some body issues you could trim ya fenders without worry. Say some 35's on minimal lift /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I own an Impala too, dont get to drive it much I bought it for my wife, new tint last week, rims soon. Keep with the guys on here and you'll have a blast. If your local CK5 members are like mine in AZ they'll take care of ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Welcome to CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Rust? I see no rust...at least none to worry about. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Nice Blazer, looks WAY better than mine!

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just trim the fat(rust) and it will be an awsome rig!
    Bill

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Nice K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Welcome.

9. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will be upgrading my membership, thanks for letting me know about the regional stuff.

I have more questions that I will post later, thansk again for the warm welcome.

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

looks like a nice project truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Welcome to CK-5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

Howdy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Welcome, welcome
    So where in NY are you?? I am in the albany area, there are a bunch scattered all over the state. In the members area, there is a section just for the New England area. There is a small meet/greet and some trail rides on the 20/21 of march in the montgomery NY area. There is a post about it In the New England forum. I plan on going, I know some of the Jersey guys are coming and maybe some mass/conn guys also.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Welcome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

welcome to the forum

is that minnesota plate ?

i have a couple such plates around here somewhere i think they are identical, i cant read that one in the pic to be sure, i know some ppl in MN, a couple of them come back and forth from here to there a few times a year. i would never really want to go up there, cept maybe in summer, its cold and rusty enough here as it is.

looks like that 89 was DD since day 1, you really gonna give 500 for it thats written on the glass, with it needing a tranny and with the body in DD rusted shape ?

you have a tranny found for it yet ? going with a th350 or 700r4 ?

i hagve a good shape th350 for cheap if you were needing one maybe]

i like seeing that that 89 has those GM original aluminum styled truck wheels /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif if they clean up nice then theyd be almost worth the 500 i think, to the right person anyways. if the spid label is in the glovebox still then can you get me all the P- codes from it ? i want to know what RPO code is for those wheels, i have never been able to find out thus far

and were manual lockout hubs stock on later 80s, or were they originally still auto locking ?

good luck

15. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome, welcome
    So where in NY are you?? I am in the albany area, there are a bunch scattered all over the state. In the members area, there is a section just for the New England area. There is a small meet/greet and some trail rides on the 20/21 of march in the montgomery NY area. There is a post about it In the New England forum. I plan on going, I know some of the Jersey guys are coming and maybe some mass/conn guys also.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually 30 mins from Montgomery, in Newburgh.
    Do you have a link for the info for the trail ride stuff and what kind of trail is it.

Actually I bought the truck for 280 including the tow to my house (i got lucky the guy i bought it from has a tow truck)

I don't know how much I plan to put into it as I am starting a project for the Impala that is gonna cost some serious cash.

BTW: the tranny is a 700R4, I am gonna have it rebuilt.

16. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Looks like a bargain for $280! Welcome and enjoy your K5.

18. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Nice, 89's are the best year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, well I think so at least.

19. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the board! I cut the rust out of my Jimmy, one of the best things I did for it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

20. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status