Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to first Gen's

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by icer97, Jul 17, 2005.

1. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

Ive got a 73 myself, but my buddy scored a slick 72 today. Its had a recent build up, the body is in great shape with great paint, as is the drivetrain. All that is needed is interior work and an engine transplant. The original owner just lost interest after what I consider to be the hard part. Its missing the rear inner fender wheels, looks like they bolt in? Wheres a good place to pick these up? It also has two spools with cable that the guy said was a option in the day. They are to be bolted on outside the wheel if you get stuck and as the tires turn it will winch you out. Ever heard of this, its new to me!

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Inner fender wells can be obtained from junk yards. the ones from a pickup are the same as blazers. Also for new you can try LMC Truck Parts, Classic Industries, Manes Truck Parts, etc. Just check out the first gen forum. They do just bolt in.

I have seen the bolt on (Winch things) you speak about, I have never seen them in action just pics of them. Seems like they would be worth a shot.

3. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply. By saying inner fenderwells im refering to the rear wheel tubs some call them. You can see inside the blazer and see the back seat by looking into the rear wheel well. Are these the same as the pickups, I figured this was just part of the bed on trucks. Thanks again! :D

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep same as pickups. I took two sets and grafted them together and cut my floor out so when I stuff the rears I don't hit the inner fenders. I added 6 inches to each side, drilled some new holes and bolted em down.