Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New (to me) seats.....suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by akbound, Jun 1, 2005.

1. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Went to a local U-Pick junkyard and scored the bucket seats out of a 60,000 mile 97 two-door Geo Metro for $30. They are in great shape and tilt forward and slide. The floor on a Metro is flat, so I just have to bend the mounting tabs and figure out how to attach them to the stock mounts in my Blazer.

My current seats are low back buckets with a newer vinyl reskin, but here in San Antonio I sweat for ten pigs while sitting on them.

Does anyone that has any experience with switching seats have any suggestions for mounting?

TNX!!

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Take your current setup and unbolt the sliders from the bottom of the seat. Do the same with the geo seat. See how close the bolt holes on the new seat is to the ones on the ones you took out Get some metal strap to bridge the difference, cut to size, drill holes where you need them and reasemble like they came out.

3. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

I put jeep seats in mine and adapted them to my brackets by welding studs to the bottom of the new frames to match up with the bolt holes on the K5 seat mounts.It works great and I retained the tilt feature.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

That's exactly what I did with my corbeau seats. I took my existing slider mechanisms (not the riser, just the sliding thing) off the stock seats (from a '91 k5), and fabbed little tabs to match the mounting holes in each. Easy fab and works great.

5. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Thanks!!

6. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I replaced my bench with civic seats. it wasnt really too hard ether :grind: :weld: :burb: