Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to NC, Looking for K5ers...

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 350350, Apr 3, 2005.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Hey!

I'm new to Winston-Salem, NC, and am looking for some folks to go trail riding with. I know some great guys down this way, but they're S10s mostly and I'm kinda like the Bull in the China Shop when trying to go down those tight trails. At least I have friends down here already though!

So where do the CK5ers go down here? I went to Uwharrie a couple of times with the S10 crowd but that's all I've seen.

I finally got my truck driveable on the street (long story) and it needs tested on the trail. The main thing holding me back is the 33" Mall Terrains with what I call 'Street Tread', or about the amount of tread you get with a regular passenger car tire. I bought all 4 33x12.50-15 B.F. Goodies for $100, so I can't complain too much. Tires aren't in the budget right now (like a lot of things) so they'll have to do for now. They'll probably do better than I give them credit for.

Otherwise, time is hard to find beccuase I'm married and have 2 kids, a Son 4.5 years old and a Baby Girl 1.5 years already! My Son comes along and even though I think she's ready, Mom won't let Sissy come along yet.

I have a number of interests so the K5 doesn't get all of my attention or spare change unfortunately, but it looks decent and is mechanically in great condition, so until I become rich and famous (it's only a matter of time...) it'll do.

Anyway, anybody live near me???

Cheers,
    Scott

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm about 150 west of you around Asheville. We are having a K5 gathering at Tellico April 22-24. Feel free to join. There is a thread around here somewhere about it.
    I just moved here about 3 months ago so I'm not real familiar with the whole area either.

You have any pics of the 78 malibu. I'd like to have one. Is it for sale??

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Hey! I appreciate the offer for the 22-24, and I think I'll plan on being there! I'll bring my Son, Ezra, and maybe camp out Saturday night and come back Sunday?

The Malibu... Hmmm... I DO have some pictures somewhere but I'll have to find them and scan them in. It's a really sweet looker ever after 10 years of salty roads and parking lot door dings since the last paintjob. But anyway, I've had it since I was in High School about 16 years ago, and in that time it has seen numerous motor/trans/rear combinations and some serious racing.

Right now, sitting next to the garage, is my '95 LT1 6-speed Camaro that my Wife barrel-rolled and the body and frame are totally trashed on the car. Motor and trans are fine though, as I drove it off teh flatbed and have moved it around here a few times. That motor and trans are slated for the Malibu when I have time... So sorry, it's not for sale YET, but ask me again in a month and if I'm still out of work I may have a different opinion. It's got the Grand National 8.5" rear under it too. That wasn't easy to find. Lots of other hard to find parts on it as well.

4. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Welcome Man

I am in Fayetteville (well I will be back there mid May I hope). I run the trails with the smaller guys as well. Mainly jeep and yota guys. You are welcome to tag along with us when I get back. A few of us are trying to put together a camping trip to Uwharrie for a three day weekend in May. I take my wife and my two kids as well (daughter 6 1/2 Son 3 1/2). We also go to littler spots around also, not sure if it worth the drive or not but kills an afternoon. I will have to get in touch with you when I get back. P.M. me so I have your info for when I return.

5. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I am in Fayetteville also, but Like gmc88, I spend alot of time in Afghanistan, and will be heading back out in the middle of summer.

Guys in this forum usually post if a trip is planned for URE/Tellico, so stay tuned in!!

Rob