Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to North Carolina, Looking for a Camaro Club???

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 350350, Jan 12, 2005.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Hello All !!!

My Family and I recently moved to Winston-Salem, NC, and would like to make some friends in the area. What better way than to meet some other K5 owners? [​IMG]

We recently lived in Lynchburg, VA, and made the move for a job just before Chritmas.

Are there any 4x4 clubs in the area? I'm really not a Chevy Purist at all so any Club would do.

Besides the K5 I'm also a Car Guy, and I have a number of Car Projects going... My Wife totaled my Camaro recently and I'm going to strip the motor/trans out of it for my '78 Malibu...

I had a Mint Condition '95 Z28 M6 car that my Wife totaled just before Christmas, and I recently replaced it with a '97 SS that is also extremely clean and sharp! Here is a link to pictures and the story about buying the SS:

http://www.rigdonhome.com/cars/97Z2...a_camaro_ss.htm

http://www.rigdonhome.com/cars/97Z2...cember-2004.htm

My SS is stock with the exception of 4.10 gears which were put in by a previous owner, although I have a McLeod Street Twin, a Hypertech Power Programmer, a B&M Ripper, and an SLP LoudMouth all ready for me to install this weekend to get the SS to the level of mods that my Z28 was at.

We use my Wife's 1992 G20 Conversion Van used for hauling the kids, and my daily driver, a 1978 Pontiac Bonneville with 83,000 original miles on it, nearly mint inside and out, a recent addition to my fleet that I decided to purchase to put all of my daily grind miles on. Here's a link to pictures of it as it was when I brought it home, but I need to take new pictures since I put the 15x8" Corvette Rallye Wheels on it with white letter tires just to dress it up a bit.

http://www.rigdonhome.com/cars/1978...cember-2005.htm

Anyway, that's my summary, if anybody wants to get together and talk cars or go to the nearest DragStrip this spring please let me know, or if you're in a club that you think I might fit into please accept my humble request for an invite. It's hard to find spare time with 2 kids, a busy job, and all the car projects, but I'll make the time if there's an event, especially if I can bring my Son with me now that he's old enough to enjoy the events. (He's 4.5 years old now...)

Cheers,
    Scott

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hi Scott, see if you can get away for the April run to Tellico in the K5. ECBB shouldn't be too far away from you. Bring the whole family and participate in the festivities. :D

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I may try to get to the ECBB with at least The Boy... Mom and Sissy aren't too outdoorsy yet. Sissy will be a garage monkey though, just give her time. She's only been walking a few months!!!

I'll check the calendar and post back...

4. grape ape

grape ape Registered Member

Hey Scott,

There is a local car show down here in High Point every thursday evening during the summer. Located in the parking lot on the corner of Market Center Drive and Main St just north of Business-85. Can't miss it! Good place to find the Camaro guys.

Also, I have a buddy that runs a Camaro / Firebird performance shop down in Concord, NC (about 45 minutes from you).
    Here is a link:
    http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/

Dean

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Hey, can't help you with the camaro deal, but check out NC4x4.com. There are a buncha local guys on there and there's generally a trail ride happening somewhere. Mostly jeeps and yotas, but still a lot of good tech and a lot of good people over there.