Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to site wanted to say hi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drop the hammer, Feb 26, 2006.

1. drop the hammer

drop the hammer 1/2 ton status

Well here I am, looks like I found a decent K5 Forum. I recently bought an 87 k5 blazer for a steal at 800 bucks. So far I have took out the crap 3in body lift and have removed some hack job mods and got it back to stock for a good starting point. The body had minimal rot for how notorious these thing are for rotting. A set of manual front hubs, tie rod ends and thats about it so far. Its got the fuel injected 350 that funs like a champ, and rebuilt 700-R4 with a heavy shift kit, and its sitting on a set of 31's I got for free. I love the thing, its got me through some decent snow and mud so far and its pretty much stock. Anyway I recently seized the alternator but other than that shes been a reliable beater. Only question so far is anyone have any cheap mods for some decent power out there? I love solid backyard engineering. Keep it dirty, and dont be a sissy just drop the hammer.

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5:D

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

sounds like you got a pretty good deal. for cheap easy power a set of electric fans over the mechanical one will free up some hp as well as fliping the top of your can over for a more open element style filter. also a better exhaust will always help.
    what are your plans suspension wise?

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good start to an addiction! Welcome to the site!

5. drop the hammer

drop the hammer 1/2 ton status

It was a screaming Deal. Anyway I gotta save up a little cash, but once I do I wanna set her up on a 4 in kit with a set of 33's. Enough to rip through most the decent stuff but keep it streetable.