Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new to the area

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by aj_tatted, Sep 10, 2003.

1. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

hey i move ddown here from seattle wa. and currently i don't know anyone around the dfw area to go wheeling with, everyone around here seems to have jeeps. and pretty suv's, is there anyone in my area who could show me the ropes around here?

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Welcome to TEXAS /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Their are a few that live in the DFW area, I'm sure they will post up soon. Their is a pretty good place to go wheeling about 2 to 3 hours east of you in Gilmer, Tx. It's called Barnwell Mt. It's about an 1800 ac. OHV park and there are some good trails to test your rig on out there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I live just 20 minutes south of Barnwell, but my K5 is down right now due to construction. I should be wheeling early next year. Give me a shout if you want to come check it out some time. You can just send me a pm and I will leave you my cell number to get ahold of me.

Eric

3. Highliner

Highliner Registered Member

I'm not in the DFW area, but their is some pretty good wheeling up my way. Nocona has rocks and Henrietta has mud bogs every weekend. Both are about an hour and a half north of you though.

4. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

i'm here my #is 469 222-6359 in richardson just holler /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

There is a really good club here in the DFW area. As a matter of fact, it meets monthly at a restaurant in Arlington! Check out the website and register on the forums. It is a free club with lots of full size rigs. Off the top of my head I count 8-10 K5s/Jimmy's alone.

The club is the DFW Chapter of TX4WD Organization, or DFW-TX4WD for short. Come check us out! As a matter of fact, we are having a Show-n-Shine fundraiser/competition in SW Fort Worth on Sunday, September 21st. Details are on the web site.

Questions, let us know!