Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to the Blazer Build ups.. Need some help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, Jan 27, 2004.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I have just finished putting in my 400 small block, and have renewed pretty much every thing in the drivetrain so now this is the part of the build that i have been waiting for and need some help with. I am going to lift my Blazer, except my dad has put a lift law on how high, he told me 5 inches max no higher. So i need to know if i can fit 35x14.5x15 SSR tires under my blazer with no trimming, because he has put a law on that too. Or if any one has any ideas on how to get a 6 inch lift with out him figuring it out. I need some help please, any ones opinions. Thanks

2. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Springs sag over time, tell him a 6 inch lift will be a 5 inch lift eventually /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 35x12.50's with 5" might work I ran 35x14.50's with 4" and they only rubbed a little.

By the way where ya at in NV? I'm in Fallon

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 35x12.50's with 5" might work I ran 35x14.50's with 4" and they only rubbed a little.

By the way where ya at in NV? I'm in Fallon

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just a thought, but Bushwacker makes a "cut out" fender flare. Don't know if you could bend "The Law" enough too get away with that, but it would give you larger wheel opening for the larger tires. Not sure if it'd clear the tires you want with a 4" lift, but I'm sure someone else on here will let you know yay or nay. www.bushwacker.com

6. k5 krawler 50

Thanks for the advice, I live in the Douglas County area MTBLAZER89.

7. k5 krawler 50

thanks for the advice, also i live in the Douglas County area MTBLAZER89

8. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

you can fit those with the 4" lift and alittle cutting.
    word to the wise,....only put those bushwacker fender flares on if you don't plan to wheel your truck.
    otherwise you'll find yourself replacing at least one everytime you go wheeling.(i did) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

When I first did my 4" Tough country EZ rides W/ shackle, I had to trim my fenders to fit my 35s. cuz if I didn't they woulda been mince meat on the fender lips. Heck, they still were! when the springs settled in, they flexed A LOT. if you wanna get away with your 5" and 35s, maybe you should invest in a somewhat stiff spring so it won't rub. Just have fun re-arranging your internals on every bump.

But every truck is slightly different, so you never know.

10. k5 krawler 50

Thanks guys, what are your opinions on doing custom leafs from Alcan? They said the could do something like 5 to 5.5 inch lift for 770 for all springs. Is that a good deal or no? Thanks.
    cory

11. k5 krawler 50

I just talked my dad into letting me trim a bit, he said i could only cut the front corner of the front fender. So with this would i be able to move the axle forword about an inch or so, and with this would i be able to clear the 35 inch tires? thanks

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I just talked my dad into letting me trim a bit, he said i could only cut the front corner of the front fender. So with this would i be able to move the axle forword about an inch or so, and with this would i be able to clear the 35 inch tires? thanks

[/ QUOTE ] You may want to show your dad this website so he can see how good the fender trimming alot of members here have done looks. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Maybe he'll change his mind then. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just tell him that you have to go with a 6" kit to make it work, there is basically no difference really between a 5" and 6" lift anyway. 6" should clear without cutting. Or you could get 6" front springs and go 5" in the rear and tell him that it's a 5". /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Just give it some time...I was very young(15) when I bought my blazer and my dad said no more than 3 or 4" of lift. A few years later and I am at currently 10". /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

WARNING: This site and all CK5 related information is addicting. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Do some major research on this site and you will learn so many ways of doing things.

If I was you and my heart was set on the lift I would do six inch springs in the front (and yes move your axle forward an inch or so and you won't have as much trimming issues with the rear of the front fender) and 4 inch springs in the back with an ORD (OFF Road Design) shackle flip. Don't put lift blocks under their /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I live in Tahoe where in douglas county are you from? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. k5 krawler 50

Your right this stuff is way addicting, and i live in the Gardnerville pinenuts area. Thanks for the info.