Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to the Forum, Lots Of ????????????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LostChild, Mar 28, 2006.

1. LostChild

LostChild Registered Member

My first rig was a 86 Samurai, and I just sold it for a 81 blazer that I picked up for 500 bucks, it has a 350 with an edelbrock 600 carb, and the reat is bone stock. I am planning on Installing a tough country 4'' ez ride suspension, with blocks in the rear ( just for right now) Along with ORD Bolt on steering box brace kit, and there swaybar correction/disconnenect kit, 33x12.50 tires on 15'' rims. But I am wanting to know if I install the 4'' lift will I hae to get new drive shafts or can I get drive shaft extensions, I am only going to run this lift for a year or so and then I will up grade to the ORD rear shackle flip and HD shackels with 2'' lifted HD leaf springs, 14 bolt axle in the read and 6'' HD lifted springs in the front with a dana 60 and some other dodads, so what do I need to have parts wise in order to install the 4'' for now. thanks for any help you can offer.:D

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

with only a 4 inch lift there are no necessary mods that i know of...i have the 4 inch lift and we didnt do anything...i think as soon as you go higher than 4 you`ll have to do some mods

good luck

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Might need longer brake lines

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I went shackle flip from the get go in the rear , and immediately had vibrations . Something to think about when you do get around to the flip .

I went ahead and had a CV shaft made to the right length for the rear .

The front shaft , on mine with 4 inch lift , has worked well with no change .

Do spring for the brake lines , and forget about the extensions in the kit .

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Might need a rised steering arm or droppd draglink.

6. NEK5

well those "usually" come with the lift kit

7. LostChild

Thanks for all of the responses and info, What about the 208 transfer case If I can get my hands on a used nP205 or a new one will It swap right in or do I have to get some kind of adapter or new T-case mount.

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

IMHO unless you are having probs with the 208 keep it until you are doing a major drivetrain swap, if that is in fact your plan. just keep it filled up with fluid and it should be fine. I know some guys with 4" lifts and both driveshafts were fine but check to make sure the steering correction comes with the lift kit cause you will need that Good luck with stuff

9. LostChild

I am geting the steer arm with the lift kit and a set of procomp steel braid brake lines will I need to change my gear ratio to run 33's or will it be ok untile I upgrade my axles, t-case and go up to a 6'' lift?

10. NEK5

stock gears are fine...thats what i`m running

11. LostChild

Right on I will just run my 208 untile change out the transmission and the front and rear axles. I went throgh the vendors forum and found alot of good stuff there, did any one pick up one of the CK5 hitch covers? if so do you have any pics you can post.