Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to the group

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mjrheadache, Dec 16, 2006.

1. mjrheadache

mjrheadache Newbie

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm 17. I'm from NE Illinois. Bought myself a 1970 Blazer this past summer, the perfect truck for me. I haven't done any mods to it yet. Came with 33's and a lift. Pulled the engine to do some work. It needs new gaskets all around and I'm thinking about changing the intake and putting on a bigger carb. I was going to get the transmission and transfer case cleaned up at the shop but I dont have the money yet.

I've taken it out offroading multiple times. All I can say is I LOVE this truck. I've made it through some hairy terrain. Always manage to get out. Its got some power, I've pulled more than a dozen of my friends out of some mud that was past the wheel wells.

I was wondering if anybody could tell what size/if any lift I have. This is my first truck. Had a 74 dart, 93 knotchback mustang, and a 90 mustang gt so I'm new to the truck scene.

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?shopperid=1B8G6529EH9F8G9LJJA1RXXBAJ7F1K10&userid=mjrheadache&album_id=211845&image_id=5&effect=&show=image

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?shopperid=1B8G6529EH9F8G9LJJA1RXXBAJ7F1K10&userid=mjrheadache&album_id=211845&image_id=0&effect=&show=image

Thanks,
    Mike

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome! looks like you've been having some fun in your truck! Looks like a 2-3" lift to me if those are 33's. Love that generation of truck!

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to CK5, brother!!!! That's a pretty cool truck you've got there. :thumb:

4. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Nice lookin truck, I'd have to say about 2.5" lift. Its nice to see more Illinois members. So where do ya go wheelin?

5. mjrheadache

mjrheadache Newbie

I used to go to a local field/forest preserve in the unincorporated part of Downers Grove. Me and about 10 of my friends spent an entire weekend digging out a creek. lol. managed to get it about 15ft across and two feet deep. It was just one little spot that we would mess around in that was just a mile away from my house. However, we would go out to Lemont a couple times a month.

Mike

6. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard. Nice truck.

7. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

nice 1st gen you got there.
    Welcome

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Welcome aboard bro!

-Avery

9. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5 the best place on gods green Earth!!!