Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to the site

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by crroy71, Jun 23, 2002.

1. crroy71

crroy71 Registered Member

Hello everyone, I am new to the site.
    I have just bought a 1986 K-5, and will be looking here for ways to make it better. It is bone stock right now, but that will not last long. I am from a small town about 30 miles east of Houston, called Mont Belvieu. If anyone is in the area, let me know.

Chris
    [​IMG]

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the Addiction, I mean Site. I know there a several guys in houston that are probably closer to you than me but i think that you are closest to me from what i've seen. I'm just south of Beaumont. Good looking rig, what are your plans for it?

James

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Welcome!
    I lived in Houston for about 20 years.We are always glad to see new K5. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

Welcome, I only lived in Houston for 1 year, but never really had any time to try and find a place the wheel while I was there.

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

You have a real nice K5 as a starting point.

ric

6. crroy71

crroy71 Registered Member

Plans for new K-5

First thing I have to do, is do something about the converter. It is plugged up big time. I barely got it home, and when I did, I saw those little white pellets coming out of the tail pipe. After that, new tires! those 235's just will not do! After that, I am not sure. I would like to get a soft top for it, and a new headliner, and who knows what else.

Chris

7. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Plans for new K-5

Headliner wise, when I got my K5 one of the previous owners had put linolium flooring for a headliner. It works great, no sags and pretty easy to clean, just use a mop and glow it makes it look like new. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ] Keep smilling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

8. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

Re: Plans for new K-5

I live in Tomball Tx it is about 15 miles north of houston. I guess we live close i have some tires for sale that came of my blazer when it was stock they are in pretty good shape i have 2 32's and 2 31's they would be perfect tires for you to use until you get new ones i will sell them for $150 one of them is brand new you can see a picture of them at my webshots site.