Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New to this board, and I finally got my disc.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blaze69, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Blaze69

Blaze69 Registered Member

Hello from the sunny state! Just aquired my disc brakes from a donor '76 Blazer. I took the whole front end and I am currently rebuilding/replacing grease, bearings, rotors, pads, tie rod ends, rubber brake lines, master cylinder, prop valve and some hard brake lines. Wheeeeew!
    Anyhow, I would like to ask a few questions:
    I have 3.07's on my pig now, what improvements would I see going to say 3.73's or so if any?
    Since I am upgrading the whole front end, should I go ahead and use the prop valve from the 76 or should I go to a 72 model? I know that the two valves are different, one has two outputs and the other three (two for the front and one for the rear).
    Should I also upgrade the booster to a 72 model? Or will my '69 power booster work?
    Thanks.

1969 Blazer: 350/350, edlebrock 1406 carb and performer intake, 32/11.50-15 BFG mudders, Flowmaster mufflers, np205 and 3.07's

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

welcome to the board first of all. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i would definatley go with 3.73's or 4.10's unless you are never gonna lift it, and just drive on the street. if you are gonna wheel it i would go ahead and go 4.10's. i would also swap to a stronger rear end. 14ff is what im swapping. if you left the hard lines on the 76 axel then i would use trhe 76 b/c they are already plumbed. if you are replacing them use whichever. i would use the 72 it has less lines. your booster should work fine. all this is gonna depend on what you want to do with your truck mostly. this is just my .02 there are a lot of great people here with a lot of great answers so just ask if you have a question.

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

69K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    nathan

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

AFAIK the prop valves do the same thing and one of them has a bleeder where the other line would go so it shouldn't matter which one you use.

4. Blaze69

Blaze69 Registered Member

Hey, thanks for the info. I'll be asking more questions as they come along. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif