Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New tow rig already?? Maybe!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

The dealer that I bought my old F-250 from just opened up a small lot about a block from my house. On my way home the other day I noticed a nice lookin '98 Ram 2500 regualr cab Cummins sittin there. Went and drove it around today. 140k miles, auto. Already has the egt guage in the pillar which is cool. It was wild to drive. First time I've ever driven a Cummins truck. Acceleration was so-so up till about 35-40, then started pullin like a train. :grin: Hit 80 in no time. Thier askin $14k for it. Which seems about right for the miles. Not to worried about the high milage on the Cummins truck, hopefully the auto tranny will stay alive for awhile. Filled out all the papers and stuff today. I wasn't quite ready so soon, but I like the truck and the price. Should know more tommorrow. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

looks good, 4x4?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

4x4 shifter on the floor... :whistle: :doah:

4. Zeus33rd

lol, look closely at the 3rd picture...Looks suspiciously like a t-case lever stickin up from the floor...:haha::grin:

Just messin with ya bro. Yeah, it's a 4x4.

~edit~
    damn, divorced beat me to it...lol!

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I'm quick!

I don't know much about the prices on used CTD trucks, but I do know that it is one sharp looking rig! The bling along the bottom really makes it look good.

6. Zeus33rd

Thats what originally caught my eye when I drove by. I'm not usually one for chrome and blingy stuff, but I like it in this case. :)

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good find! First off, is it an early or late '98? there is a HUGE difference! The early trucks have the mechanical P series 12v engine and the late trucks got the electronic 24V engine. Which is better is personall preference, for simplicity the 12v is better IMHO but the 24v is a nice setup because you can actually turn the power on and offf with a black box(chip) and adjust power settings on the fly. It's kinda cool hitting a button and going from an extra 40HP to 80HP when you want to pass someone. :) With 140K I would bet that tranny has been gone through already. I do see it has the mobile office option between the seats, I like that doohickey. You can keep papers, CD's, pens, and little compartments for stuff with a nice little smooth spot to write things down.

$14,000 sounds a little high for that truck, since it is a regular cab and that kind of mileage. If it's a 12v it's definantly too high. I paid $22,900 for my 2001.5 cummins dodge and mine is completely loaded to the gills and had 101,000 on the odometer.
    [​IMG]

8. Zeus33rd

It's a 12 valve and I'm definatley working on talking them down from $14k. I'm gonna go check it out alittle better today. Didn't really get a chance to crawl around under it and poke and prod at stuff.

9. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Make sure you kick the tires, they know you mean bussiness when you kick the tires:surepal:.

It looks very nice from the pics:thumb:

Get a new job yet??

10. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

lol I about fell ou of my chair, my grndfather did that last year when I went with him to pick up a bran new truck:rotfl:

I about died it was so funny!

11. Zeus33rd

heh, Yeah, got rehired two days after they fired me. VP called at like 7pm two days later on my cell phone and asked me to come back in on Monday. The rest is history pretty much.:D

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that. I guess just chalk this up as an educational experience.

13. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

what he said lmao
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laugh: :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  14. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

down the road form me i found a 99' ram 2500 ex-cab longbed daully with the Cummins for $8,000

Andrew

15. Zeus33rd

How many miles? 2wd or 4wd? What kinda shape is it in?

I just ran a Carfax on this truck I'm lookin at. No problems found. It was corporate fleet vehicle at one time. 3 owners, 1 in Cali, 2 in Nevada. I'm hoping that it being a former fleet truck means that most of the miles were highway miles. It sure deosn't look hammered on- no fith wheel hitch and the bed is still in good shape under the bedliner. Also checked out the blue book value. The dealers asking price is about $1k under the bluebook price. Won't know more till tommorrow...My paper work never left the guys desk like it was supposed too...Now I gotta wait someore. Waiting sucks.:crazy:

16. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

:D nice sig:saweet: :thumb:

good thing i was sitting down.... lmao

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree, too expensive. I drove a '99 with 100k, 24 valve obviously, they were asking $19,999, and I had them down to $13,900 before I walked out when they told me the bank wouldn't loan me a dime on it.

Glad I did it. It was a regular cab and I really wanted a Quad Cab. Ordered my new '05 last month, it should be in about March 1st.

18. Zeus33rd

You wanna know why I didn't order my gears and Detriot from you? Simple. Cause I can't frickin stand you. Stay the hell out of my posts you moron. You have nothing to say that I want to hear. I don't care about your opinions. You don't come into someones post who's proud of something, or bragging about something, and say that it sucks, or you have a better one or you coulda got it cheaper...etc It's rude. I cannot believe you havent mouthed off to the wrong person and gotten your ass beat for it. You agree? Piss off. Who cares if timmy agrees? You have no tact what so ever. Always opening your pie hole and spewing forth a constant stream of sh!t. I would think that Canmore would agree with me...and countless others. Good thing you live 2000 miles away from me. Stay there. :mad:

19. Zeus33rd

To those that argue that the dealer is asking to much for the truck, I kinda agree with ya, but the truck is priced lower than blue book. Here is a link to the dealers website-
    http://libertydodgechrysler.com/

Click on preowned at the top, then look for the 1998 Dodge 2500 Long Bed. The trucks options and equipment are listed there. Go to www.kbb.com and check it out. They're giving me a better deal than listed on that website casue I'm a pontential repeat customer. :)

20. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

oh ya duh:rolleyes:

i was just looking at the outside pics. looked taller than the 2wd we have. didnt think to look in the interior. guess i just assumed it would be a pushbutton or knob like all the other new trucks.