Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new toy... got questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NCblackandredk5, Oct 28, 2002.

1. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

i just bought a new truck to drive while the k5 is down for engine problems... its an 83 toyota pickup.... i bought it last tues (10/22) and have already cut the fenders, and mounted a set of 31x10.50 bfg mt/km's on black 15x8 rock crawlers.... i have an extra set of 2.5 inch lift springs and blocks for a k5 laying around... would these work on the yota? (it is solid axle) and if so should i remove a leaf to soften them up for the much lighter truck??? im getting ferd shock towers and mounting the shocks from my k5 which has 4" lift on it on them and the rear is already pointed in towards the center of the frame like this / \... im thinkin with the longer shocks it should flex pretty good, especially when i finish the sway bar disconnects for it... just not sure about the spring deal... btw, the front springs on the yota measure 45.5 inches from center to center on the spring eyes and if need be i can make longer/repositioned shackles.... thanks in advance for any imput you guys have

2. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

ttt... come on guys... i know somebody knows something about this

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what a pita...why dont you keep the K5 springs for the k5 and get a set of 44044s or mazda springs for the Toy? check the off-road.com bbs, or pirate4x4.com if you have a thick skin. Btw, the '83 toy came with 32's stock, there's no reason why you should have to have a spring lift. Weld that rearend and go have some fun.