Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Toy...Need Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aj_tatted, Sep 8, 2003.

1. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

I have an 84 Jimmy so far modifications are as follows: aluminum performer air intake, holly 650 carb, th700r4 with a stage 2 transgo shift kit, recently purchased a 6" procomp lift and the rest is stock. Need help with making it worthy of Moab. Advice on modifications to allow the lift kit and info on the gearing. Any other advice would be welcomed...Thanks AJ /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi!

Depends on your definition of "worthy" I suppose... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

For sure, how about a fire extinguisher and tow strap and First Aid kit. Those are CRITICAL mods for anyone who is planning to wheel.

Beyond that, where you can go in Moab is going to be a result of how many mods you've done (for ground clearance... traction is usually NOT the issue in Moab!) and your own "fear factor"..... It was a real eye-opener to realize how scary some of the obstacles were (psychologically) even though technically speaking they weren't particularly difficult.....

Looking over tall cliffs while wheeling gives you a weird feeling in the pit of your stomach. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'd say just make sure your truck is in REALLY good running order. Don't go to Moab with existing "problems" with your truck....if the brakes are spongy, fix them. If the carb floods on angles....get it adjusted. There's nothing worse than being out on a remote Moab trail with truck problems....