Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New TOY

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZBurban, Jul 16, 2001.

1. AZBurban

AZBurban Newbie

Well, I have finally come to terms and decided to rebuild the engine in my 71 Suburban and sell my 86 4runner. I miss my real truck and cant stand the "station wagon" anymore. Anyways, what is the best place/items to get for rebuilding a 350. I have a 4 bolt, crank, intake, edelbrock carb, headers, HEI distributor and rods... I need heads, a cam, pistons and small items (rings, oil pump, gaskets, freeze plugs). The plans are to keep the tires (32s), and the lift.... add the 3/4 ton front and rear axle (already have the rear Eaton with the detroit locker), and it is a dialy driver... I want to keep it under 1k for the engine build if possible. My main concern is reliability, power and decent gas mileage(the little thats possible). Any help would be nice

1971 Suburban 4x4 1/2 ton

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Summit Racing sells a good rebuild kit for relatively little www.paceparts.com

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status