Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New toy

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Jan 31, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I just arranged to buy a '79 Chevy Camaro from a friend for $500 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It is missing a motor but I just picked up a 305 V8 to rebuild for an S10, so looks like it will go into the camaro instead (too bad I cant afford to buy Topdowns motor /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif)...

The interior is rough but it will work for a driver as is.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    Trade ya my 400+HP 350 for your tired worn out 305 anyday /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll pick it up next weekend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

If the body is in good shape that is a swingin deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    If you want another 305 V8 I will have the one out of the K5 in the next few days. It just needs a timing set and a cam. It had 145-150 in all cylinders when I was goofin with it last. And the oil pressure was a steady 45psi.
    You can have it if ya want it, just come get it.
    All I am going to do with it is throw it on the scrap pile at Kens when I pull it out.
    I was told that I have enough SBC and BBC's laying around that ""I am going to do something with someday"" LOL

5. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    If you want another 305 V8 I will have the one out of the K5 in the next few days. It just needs a timing set and a cam. It had 145-150 in all cylinders when I was goofin with it last. And the oil pressure was a steady 45psi.
    You can have it if ya want it, just come get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that sounds better than the motor I have now... I can pick it up next weekend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Please PM me your phone # and directions and a good time to pick it up (hopefully Saturday night?).

The body is rust free and in great shape. Only dents are in the pass side door and a very small one in the front fender. It needs a new paint job, motor, carpet, headliner, appolstery cleaned, better tires, matching wheels (3 different style rims right now) and possibly a tranny rebuild.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

If you can make use out of it then have at er bro, other than the scrap pile I was kinda thinkin about pottin some floweres in it.
    Sat night would be fine, I get home from work around 6:30.
    I'll PM ya the info.