Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Toyota Tundra commercials

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TexasBlazerBoy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Anbody else seen them?

They compare their new half ton equipment to other common pick ups equipment?

Trans
    Brakes
    Receiver hitch

True or not there is quiet a size difference

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think that Toyota is going to steal a lot of customers away from GM, Ford and Dodge. The main reason that I haven't owned a Yota in the past is that they were just too small for my 6'3" self to be comfortable in. Who wouldn't want a full size pickup that has tons of power, beefy drivetrain parts (how about that 14 bolt full floater-sized 10.5-inch ring gear out back!) and Toyota reliability.

As much as I like GM stuff, there are WAY more Toyota trucks that have gone 300K miles with no problems than there are GM trucks that have done the same. :( With the prices of new vehicles these days, I want the one that will last the longest... :cool1:

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Agreed, GM and Ford are in trouble. From what I understand Toyota is now the #1 auto company in US based on sales volume.

4. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I sat in the new Toyota at the recent Portland Auto Show- cause like you, I'm a big guy - (6'-5") - they still don't have the legroom, width, & headroom to comfortably sit a bigger guy in my opinion. The one I sat in was a crew cab - the back seat - don't even try it.

What amazes me is that the Scion XB (another Toyota product)- which I also sat in, has RIDICULOUS leg & head room in it - if I ever buy another car - it will probably be one of those.

I don't understand why a small car would be more roomy than their "fullsize" truck - but it definitely is.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Was it the "Crew Max" or "Double Cab"? The Double Cab is a fluffed up extra cab while the Crew Max appears to have very similar interior dimensions to my Dodge MegaCab.

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Thats why you just buy a 3/4 ton truck from any of the big three...

7. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

Toyota got there act together. Chevy and ford playing catchup big time. And yesssssssss 401 foot pound of torque will get me to go yota next time.

8. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I am a very happy Dodge customer, but I will definetly be looking at the Toyota Tundra next time.

Only thing I don't like is one of the cab designs is pretty FUGLY..:haha:

9. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The new Turdra has me thinking of getting one later on this year. The towing capacity is crazy, besides I kinda like Toyotas well a little anyways.:D

toys.jpg

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

When the ad came on the TV, all I heard was blah blah blah 10,000 pound towing capacity.
    Kinda interested now, just don't have the cash flow to buy anything new.

11. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

Its ten thousand pound towing capacity but only 1500 bed carrying capacity, where as Chevy is 2500lb bed capacity. Also, chevy's towing ability is only rated 400lbs lower than the tundra, but with chevy you get a fully boxed frame, a cab you can fit into, and that cool looking bow tie. :D Toyota is robbing peter to pay paul on that truck. THose ratings are also for their biggest engine they offer, which doesn't get the gas mileage that they are boasting on the comercial. True, their tundra can get great gas mileage, but not with the engine that can tow 10k lbs. Check out the small print, it may suprise you. (I just compaired the two yesterday)

~Brian

12. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I doubt Chevy's ratings are using their small motor. :wink1:

Btw the brochure lists the double cab 2wd with the 5.7 as getting 16/20 mpg, not too bad. :dunno:

13. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Toyota is finally offering the truck that they should have from the start. You want a regular cab shortbed with the 5.7? No problem. The current Tundra is a great truck. The new one- if you can stand the styling- particularly in the interior- is going to be even better. The HD's should be out in 09 or so, with a Diesel, even.