Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new trailer sides law ???

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by R72K5, Jan 18, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

whats up with this new law with having to have 4 foot tall sides on all trailers as of since Jan 1 ?? ppl are getting busted for it around here now, i dont know anyone who has sides on their car trailer, thats pretty stupid really. those of us trying to survive by hauling in scrap cars and junk now apparently have a new law against them to have to worry about now, a bunch of bullshit, damn the lawmaker bastards, all thjey want is our money any way they can steal it from us! half the traielrs out there have no provisions for installing side panels so i dont know what alot of ppl are going to be able to do.. this will hurt alot of ppl around here i know of that are relying on scrapping metal in order to put some food on their tables, there is just NO work at all to be found anywhere, we have to do whatever we can find to do in order to make a buck or two, lawmakers couldnt [darn] care any damn less i know,.

is this just in IL or what ?

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

This is the first I heard of it???? Ya got any more info on this?

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Never heard of it before. I'm sure you can thank your Gov'nr tho /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Never heard of this before, and in fact I was just stopped last night on I-57 for having no tail lights on the trailer (wire broke). I was hauling what's left of my 84 back to my house and the trooper never said a word about having to have sides on the trailer.

5. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Had not heard of this one before. There has to be more detail to the story. I hope.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Welcome to Illinois. More of your rights are on the way out the door unless you stand up for them and get involved. Just read the list of laws that went into effect on Jan 1st.