Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New tranny trivia

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ben794X4, Oct 16, 2001.

1. ben794X4

ben794X4 Registered Member

I have a 79 blazer with the 3spd and a granny low gear and the np205. I need to get some thing with over drive, I drive alot on the freeway and I keep waiting to see a piston fly through the hood. I would prefer to have a manual that would just swap in without changing the transfer case and I am not opposed to autos I just want something simple and cost efective for a starving college student. I have no plans for a big block or tires over 35 inches I just want a highway gear.

Subvert the accepted paradigm.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

There isn't much "on the cheep" that can be done (I would say put bigger tires on it and call it a day). For a stick you could go w/ a NV4500 (around $1500 +adapters and driveshafts) or a 700R4 (and new x-fer case would be the easy way to do it seeing as the input shafts are different).

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>