Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new transmission

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mxrcr589, Jun 29, 2003.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

well its doesnt look good, my transmisson has been sliping in reverse and now it just started to do while going forward. its a 700r4 in my 90 jimmy, whats my best bet, buy a rebuild tranny and install it my self, how much is a rebuilt 700r4 or new one , or how much would it cost to pay someone to install it , how hard is it without it lifted in the air, how hard is it to install a 700r4 in a 90 k5

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

a real bitch by yourself get a few extra hands

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't install it yourself. If you don't have the TV cable adjusted correctly you'll burn up your new tranny in no time. You can take it to a tranny shop and they'll remove the old and install the new one for $250 (even at the dealer). There's much debate about who build the best tranny. Personally, I'll be getting one from BowTie Overdrive. And make sure you have the biggest tranny cooler you can get, that will let your new tranny live a long and happy life /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif