Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New TRI-Ys $100

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by husurddy, Aug 4, 2001.

1. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    I was told by the guy at the local muffler shop that I had a cracked exhaust manifold under the heat riser so I've been looking around for a replacement. I found a guy that will give me/ sell me a brand new in the box set of Thorley TRI-Ys for a hundred bucks(inc. weld on adapter for O2 sensor) I checked and they are the right ones for my year/ engine but there are a couple of problems. The major problem is they dont include a connection for the air injection set up. I'm not subject to a sniffer test here but am unsure if I can just take off the injection system or will it mess with my ECM. The other problem is they are chrome and I am not a big fan of anything chrome. Any advice will mean alot. Oh, I have an 87 K5 350, 670 cfm TBI, Edelbrock(sp?) intake, stock exhaust. 208, 700r4, 4 inch lift

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea, DO NOT BUY THEM!!! (instead give me the guys phone # and I'll buy them from him instead, happily! LOL)

OK here is what you do, get the headers put in and disconnect all the air injection stuff. you can then leave the smog pump connected, but you can disconnect the belt so it doesn't turn the pump anymore. I just did this with some aftermarket headers on my other k5 (not the one I posted about that completely died in about everyway possible).

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>

3. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

Buy them. I just spent close to $400.00 for them. If you do not like the chrome, wrap them with header tape. But that finish will last a lot longer than the finish on the cheaper headers.

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

TAKE THEM AND RUN!!!!!

Does anyone have a grinding disk I can borrow?[​IMG]3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I spent $350 for mine. I did not want the chrome either. But they blue fairly quick. They should be getting to the same shade as the Burb shortly. I was impressed with how well they fit, and how easy it was to reach plugs and bolts. Do not have any before/after performance info since I put them on when the new bullet whent it.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go through the mud and they turn brown anyway.

Get them, they're the best headers money can buy. And ditch your smog pump along with all your other useless emissions controls except your PCV valve like I did.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles