Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New truck, Good luck, bad luck,

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by garagelogic, Feb 24, 2002.

1. garagelogic

garagelogic Registered Member

Found a Blazer at the junk yard, they told me the engine and tranny were shot. It's an 85 that is in pretty decent shape, so I bought it for 600 bucks and towed it home. You guys will not believe this but, after I threw a battery in it and fixed some vacuum lines, it fired right up!!! So I checked the linkage on the tranny because it was really sloppy and noticed the cotter pin was missing, fixed that and voila! It shifted excellent!! So then, I took it for a drive and tested the Transfer case, even that works great!! Now get this!! The odometer shows 56,000 miles, I thought 156,000. I found the maintenance records and it looks to indeed be only 56k miles. Now the bad news, its not a 350, but a 302!!! What a bummer!! I'm thinking about just keeping it in there for now and building up my 400. None the less, I think I got my moneys worth.

If it don't fit, force it.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It's probably a 305 not a 302. 302's were only in 69 Z28's and maybe The 70 Z28. Anyways sound's like a good score.

Corey 78K5
    350CI, TH350, 203, Dana 44,12 Bolt, 4"lift, Shackel Flip, Sawsall and 35" BFG's

3. garagelogic

garagelogic Registered Member

Yup, I screwed up, it's a 305. Was watching Speedvision when I wrote that. They were doing a spot on 60's GM Muscle, so I musta spaced out.

If it don't fit, force it.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

WOW. Either the Junkyard was run by a bunch of idiots or they cut you a deal. Good find.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper