Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new truck holley carb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by m j, Feb 11, 2002.

1. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Introducing the greatest thing to happen to off-road trucks since four-wheel drive: the Holley Truck Avenger carburetor!

The award-winning Holley Truck Avenger carburetor is the first carburetor designed from the "flange-up" as an off-road carburetor. No other carburetor comes close to the Truck Avenger's ability to offer peak performance at extreme vehicle attitudes over rough terrain, and lightning-quick stump-pulling low speed response for towing and mud-bogging.

Couple this carb with a Lunati Truck Avenger camshaft, and there's no stopping your truck...sure, you can buy a winch-but you may never use it!

KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
    Precision engineered by Holley specifically for the demands of the truck enthusiast.
    Exclusive New "No Trouble" metering block eliminates fuel spillover through the boosters at extreme angles. Flood-free operation up to 40 degrees while climbing and 30 degrees during side hill maneuvers and "nose down" descents. This allows you to off-road in confidence with out the annoying hesitations, stalling and flooding typically associated with carbs in an off road environment.
    New Annular Boosters provide incredible low and mid range throttle response and torque.
    Exclusive dichromate finish is built for durability and good looks without the maintenance of a polished carb.
    Externally adjustable, "No Trouble" spring loaded needle and seats promote stable fuel levels for improved fuel control under all conditions.
    Square fuel bowls provide precise fuel control and maintain classic Holley look.
    Single fuel inlet banjo fitting for "Bolt on and Go" simplicity.
    New Viton fuel transfer tube seals ensure leak proof operation.
    Exclusive New "No Trouble" one-piece vent tube eliminates fuel spillover from the vent tubes during extreme maneuvers and lends a tough performance appearance to the carb.
    Includes clear sight plugs for easy float setting, quick-change vacuum secondary cap and electric choke for "No Trouble" operation.
    Four vacuum ports included for easy accessory hookup.
    Designed for the off-road enthusiast but works equally well in street truck applications.
    Packaged in attractive New Truck Avenger box to complement existing Street Avenger styled packaging for easy plan-o-gram layout.
    Limited Lifetime Warranty.

APPLICATIONS
    4x4 Trucks
    Agricultural Trucks
    Towing
    Off Road Vehicles

TARGET GROUP
    Truck enthusiasts who like to take on rough terrain without having to switch to fuel injection.

<hr></blockquote>

anyone have idea what they have done to prevent spill over through the boosters? if it works the holley will be a viable off road carb. truly doubting their claims

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

I think the main deal is the vent tube that goes from one float bowl to the other and has little holes in the top to vent to atmospheric pressure.

I don't think it will beat the Q-Jet. Guess we'll see...

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I like how they stress that "the new one-piece vent tube......lends a tough performance appearance to the carb"[​IMG].

And of course there's the fact that it's "Packaged in attractive New Truck Avenger box".........like that's really important!!!

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Well the new 4Wheeler magazine has the Q-Jet Performer RPN in it and from what I am reading is that it is better than EFI. So does that mean that it is better than this carb also? The mag has both in it. 1 they did a review of and the Avenger they did not. Hmmm. I do need a carb... which one to get??? someone give me one and I will test it for a long time and tell you....

:-)

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/rootbreaker>Pics of buildup</a>78 Chevy 3/4 - 14" lift -dana44, 14 bolt w/4.56's on 40"x17x16.5 Hawgs

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Exclusive New "No Trouble" metering block eliminates fuel spillover through the boosters at extreme angles. Flood-free operation up to 40 degrees while climbing and 30 degrees during side hill maneuvers and "nose down" descents. This allows you to off-road in confidence with out the annoying hesitations, stalling and flooding typically associated with carbs in an off road environment.

<hr></blockquote>

just for you red i will highlight the only interesting part of that long list. although i like the rest as well this is the problem area on the holley. is 30-40 deg enough?

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I think you missed it m.j.- The best part of that carb is:
    -New Annular Boosters provide incredible low and mid range throttle response and torque-
    Gotta like a annular booster, far-better than that crappy stock booster they use..

I'd like to know how they modified the metering block too, might not make a big differnce tho' because the float bowl are still on the out-side, and subject to sloshing.- Should be interesting.

Good for Holley. They are really steping up and tring to cover all their bases.

m.j., ever see this? (lower left album)
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/twiztide>http://community.webshots.com/user/twiztide</a>

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted

7. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

anyone know what the selling price is yet?? I've looked everywhere and no one knows.

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I am a fan of the annular boosters as well.
    I can not see how they stop the fuel from gravity flowing out the boosters.
    when you refer to the sloosh, are you thinking about fuel dumping out the vents (which i think is non issue) or exposing main jets to air or ???

I still dont see how they could trick gravity. i want some info!!

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

is 30-40 deg enough?

<hr></blockquote>
    I think it is enough. a 30 degree side hill is into some frightening territory. At 10 to 15 degrees sidehill my 1406 is already in trouble. At 25 degrees uphill again I have flooding and stalling. I think if the claims are tru it at least puts it in the same class a a good Q-jet for off-road.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

10. BigBad75K5

BigBad75K5 1/2 ton status

All we need now is someone willing to spend some money and put it to the test!! LOL
    I would like to see if it can stand up to its claims though.