Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new truck, new plan!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Apr 13, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I recently got this 89 from a member. This is going to be my "daily driver/plow truck" so most mods will be mild.
    [​IMG]
    Right now, it needs a tranny, BUT thanks to trucknutzdude, and widowmaker for driving it over, I have one in the garage waiting for me to swap in. There are a few minor things to fix. Some lights busted from whatever it hit, coolant leak at T-stat. drivers window won't go down(power). Then i figured I'de drive it for a month and see how it is.
    THEN 2" lift, maybe 1" body, 35's for summer. I have some good 31's i plow with. swap in 4.10 gears and some gov locs F+R, true dual exaust, new body panels. I already have a drivers front fender and door from other parts trucks. cowl induction hood, new drivers rear 1/4 panel, new tailgate, lund sun visor(on it's way, thanks jjlaughner!) Then depending on how the actual body work turns out, I'm thinking a dark blue/purple color, Or if it's not "too strait" then maybe a teal medium blue.

2. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

What are you going to be using as your plow/pump set up? (Meyers, Western, Boss, etc)

Sounds like a good plan, should look really cool with that cowl induction hood /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. bablazer73

I have a Fisher plow thats been on 4 trucks so far!! I'de rather have a meyers, But will use what I have if I don't find a meyers. Or maybe just swap in a meyers pump set up!
    The pump brackets are different from 87 to 89. I have to buy/make new brackets for the pump.

4. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Fisher are good pumps too, I had forgotten about them. We have a 90 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif with Western frame and a Meyers pump, they are compatible with a little /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif. Its an E-47 pump, works good. I'll keep an eye out for a good plow/pump for sale /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I guess I better get that visor pulled down today /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    I should have a list of stuff for sale soon, maybe not the lift shocks yet, its going to be nice this week so I might get to those too. I have some rust free aftermarket fenders/wheel wells if your making a parts run through Indiana anytime soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I was going to use them on my rustybucket project but we ended up /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif and cutting alot rust out and will be doing some more later on so I will probley have most all of the rust trimmed out and may not need them. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif (they are the horizontal clearence light)
    Also I have a 3" body lift I'm cutting in half, so I will have two sets of 1.5" pucks. If your interested let me know /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. bablazer73

I prefer meyers. One plow fits all from 73-89. Everytime I try and put this fisher on another truck, I need all new pump mounting hardware!! I got the Plow WITH a truck that had a 10b/14ff and sold them. so i have 250 into plow and 300 into all the brackets to refit it each time!!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif and now I need new brackets AGIAN!