Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New truck new problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XJOSHX, Mar 5, 2003.

1. XJOSHX

XJOSHX Registered Member

I got my blazer home today and started looking it over. I have had other chevy's before but this is my first blazer. I have found so many problems with this blazer it is not even funny. I guess you get what you pay for. I would still say it was a steal for 100 bucks I payed for it. while looking through it I found that the dipstick was not even in the block, the sheild that covers the TQ converter and flywheel is missing, I put the exhaust back on, almost all the vacume lines are missing, it has a power steering leak (hose that goes from the resivour to the pump) and the rear glass does not go down. welds for the seats are broken and the passenger side reaf leaf springs are broken. My best find during all of this was the vise grip clamped to the broken rear brake line to keep it from leaking everywhere. I guess that explains why it can't stop for poop! It also has the worlds dimmest head lites I have ever seen. most gm's have flame throwers for head lites so I am going to change them soon. oh yeah, it had no air filter on it either. poor truck

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

well my truck had most of that stuff and a few more thing wrong with it when i got it and it cost me a hell of alot more than a single bill

3. XJOSHX

XJOSHX Registered Member

all around the truck is not that bad. I have a good feeling about it. I also forgot to mention it don't have a front drive shaft. if I were to sell it right now I would ask 800 it's so nice.........other than the problems I have mentiond that is. What bolts do I have to use for that sheild that covers the torque converter? Does anyone have a pn for that?

4. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

go to a junkyard to find a few of those things you said were missing. the rear springs, and the glass is either a wiring issue, or the motor is blown. you can find motors at junkyards easy, or you could just swap to a manual rolldown window. im shure you can get a shield and then go to a shop and find the bolts that are needed, if no one on this page can find out. hope this helps.

BTW if that is all that is wrong, you got a really good deal, esecially if the thing starts running well after that.

5. XJOSHX

XJOSHX Registered Member

how much should I spend on new rear springs or a window motor? I am pretty sure it is the window motor because I hooked it up directly to my spare battery and got nothing from it. I am going to take some pictures of it later on today. She runs good, and strong. It don't like to shift from 4 low to 4 high to much but I think that is because the body lift. Eventually I will work all the bugs out of it

6. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

all i have to say is good luck with your new toy. see you are lucky too. I paid $950 for mine and my tranny went out 2 months later. and the hub lockers were shot.

7. XJOSHX

XJOSHX Registered Member

yeah I hope mine treats me well. I want to put a bullet proof drivetrain in it. nice tmaxx btw. I might sell my old tmaxx. they are almost as much fun as driving the real thing.