Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New truck! *pics*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avery4jc, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We traded in my mom's '98 tahoe tonight and got a vehicle that will be the family vehicle until I go to college next year with my sister in texas...then my mom will get something new...so basically it's for my sister and I to use in Texas for the next 4 years while we are there if we need something reliable...otherwise I'll be driving my pickup.
    Anyways...I don't think the lot knew what they had because they listed it as a "2000 2500 cc pickup"
    My dad and I went and looked at it and we both knew that they had no idea what it really was...they thought it was just like every other pickup they had on the lot...but it was the oldest thing sitting there out of like 150 cars so to them it wasn't much...
    So it's a 2000 3/4 ton crew cab pickup...short bed with a BB454 and a 4L80E...interior is perfect and they put on brand new AT tires on American Racing rims...
    This thing pulls hard...for such a big truck I was surprised but it has some nice touches...it's from a dealership in Texas (what a coincidence) and they added quite a bit...a bunch of aux. coolers...oh yeah and it doesn't run the vaccuum brake setup like her tahoe and all the other trucks I've seen...I'll get a bunch of pictures tomorrow and you all can check it out...
    Full exhaust system with headers/cats/flowmasters...it's true duals and it sounds great!

-Avery

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  2. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

sooo...
    how much did you give for it? CC pickups are a dime a dozen in Texas. I am willing to bet it is high miles.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Patiently waiting for pics...

4. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Or used as a hotshot,,,does it have a gooseneck pin in the bed ??

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've already informed the Republic of Texas of your arrival. Just don't be surprised by the welcoming committee you might get at the state line though, I let it slip that you were the advance party for the hippy communist invasion..............:haha:

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yikes. Those guys are careful with their trucks, right.:eek1:

7. wasted wages

California to Texas huh,,,,

Looks like the boy's gonna get 2 educations for the price of one......:eek1:

8. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I like the set up, 454 and 4L80E, but is that big block the best thing for 2 college students on a budget?

Waitin' for those pics!

Eric M.

9. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Those things are used for DD's in Texas. It's going to drink lots of gas, but I doubt a SB gasser would be used for any hotshotting. I've always liked those, especially in CCSB flavor. Sounds like a nice rig. Now SFA that thing! :haha:

10. Avery4jc

I just woke up and they are already gone so I'll have to get pictures when I get home from work...
    Yeah that's what I was worried about as soon as I saw it...it has like 76,000 miles on it and I was afraid that those were a hard 70,000 miles because when I looked in the bed it had a brand spankin' new beadliner in it which led me to believe that it was setup for a 5th wheel/gooseneck trailer and the dealership put the beadliner in it to cover it up.
    But in the paperwork that I was digging through in the glovebox I found a slip that said it had the tranny completely rebuilt at 74,xxx and as I mentioned above now it's at 76,xxx so the 4L80E even if it was towed with is in great condition now.
    So that's not a problem and the engine is covered by an "engine for life" program that covers all the hard parts as long as we own it...

So sure something could go wrong but for a dd for my sis and the occassional trip to Dallas that we'll take I think it'll be a fun setup.

-A

11. wasted wages

Does it come with a jar of this:

[​IMG]

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

WTF is an "engine for life" program?

13. Avery4jc

It's a package that the dealership offers...it just covers hard parts if something were to happen as long as we own it.
    We did that and this other warranty that we always get from them (this is our 3rd car from this dealership) that covers everything else...i.e. on my mom's tahoe the tranny went out...it covered it...one of the gaskets for the intake had a hairline crack that caused it to leak a bit...it covered it...

So it's nice to have...well worth it's cost.

-Avery

14. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Not the vortec intake gaskets.... they never leak...:haha::haha: I now offically hate doing those..

Again though.... patiently awaiting pics of the new to you CC.

15. Avery4jc

I take it thats not uncommon...what happens? Do they crack over time or do they not fit properly or something?

Yeah like I said they are gone and I'm heading off to work...be back in about 5 hours...then I'll snap some pics!

-Avery

16. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

They are just crappy design, dont worry the big blocks werent affected.

:confused: What? How is that listing indicative of them not knowing what it was?

17. Avery4jc

Because I asked him what engine it had (wondering if it was a light duty 3/4 ton and it might have a 350) and he didn't know...
    I asked him what transmission it had....he didn't know...
    I asked about the different brake setup and all of the aux. cooling units...he didn't know...

and this is their head guru...very nice guy, like I said this is our 3rd car from him but still...I guess it's just not as big a deal to other people so he doesn't look into it...

-A

18. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

poor avery:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

19. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Pics or it didn't happen.

20. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i once found a 59 k5 in a barn, only had ahlf a mile on it from driving it on the flat bed and backing it in to the barn, picked it up for $50 in unrolled pennies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.