Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new truck.... titan vs f150

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jan 30, 2007.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

im not looking for narrowminded brand loyalty here just honest opinions. from anyone who has driven both or owned both, or has experience with one or the other... in a perfect world id have a crew cab long bed f-350 with a 7.3L powerstroke, but ill settle for a half ton truck. so let me hear it, good or bad.

2. muddysub

and i swear if anyone says "buy a chevy/gmc" ILL SLAP YOU!!!!

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I really like the new titan but havn'et actually driven one so I cant tell you anything. I really like my buddies 06 f150 supercrew fx4. Id probably get the ford because its most likely cheaper.

wow I can not read!!!

4. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

is it going to be a dd or tow rig type of thing

titan is probably quicker... both are probably good trucks and besides titans launch no real issues for them

edit* buy a chevy!

its a joke no slap me please!

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

For whatever reason, I like a lifted Titan a whole heck of a lot.

6. muddysub

ive priced them out and built the way i want them the titan is $700 more. daily driver/towing quads... either one will be lifted asap

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

My boss has a Titan and has had really good luck with it, no warranty issues that I've heard of with his. He occaisionally tows a 29' boat with it, I don't think it's anywhere near enough truck for that job but he obviously doesn't want to hear that.

I would think the new Tundra would be worth looking at. It will have some nice options for a 1/2 ton truck (strong motor, 10.5 rear SF axle, extra large 4 door cab) but I'm afraid Toyota will price it too high.

8. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

My bro has been real happy with his F-150, no problems. It's an '04 I think. I am still partial to American companies, but that's just me.

9. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

yep

"Sticker prices for the bigger and brawnier 2007 Tundra, which goes on sale in mid-February, will begin at $22,290 for the most basic model and go as high as $41,850. The Chevrolet Silverado, which also was revamped for 2007, has a base price of $17,860, while Ford’s F-series, the segment’s longtime leader, starts at $18,275."

but it sounds like he has narrowed it down to titan of f150

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Myself I like them both, but I would give the nod to the F-150. My mom has an 05 F-150 and it has plenty of power and a pretty good size rear end for a 1/2 ton which I think would be much better than the Titans D-44 rear end for towing. Also I like the room in the Ford over the Nissan. Either way they are both nice.
    So why the Ford and Nissan as opposed to a Dodge GM or Toyota?

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

The company I work for bought the agronomists some new F150s
    The 5.4 has plenty of power I think, course im usedto driving them at work inthe 3/4 tons so to get one in a 1/2 ton is a big difference. Ive noticed they ride really nice.

Only gripes are the interior is kinda idk, i dont really care for it much. And if you dont buckle your seat belt its sits there and beeps at you when your driving. A real pain for when your just goin from the elevator to the shop. 50 ft of beeping might not sound bad....but its gets annoying...fast

12. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

I was the used car technician for a local Furd dealership my Jr and Sr years in high school. Ive driven alot of F150s and alot of other things as well. I have no experience with the Nissan Titan but Ive heard they have very good power and are a quick truck.

The 04-up F150s have an electronic throttle, and its the most annoying thing in the world. Throttle response sucks completely. The truck has 300 horses, but the dang thing weighs so much you can't notice it. When it come time for a brake job your going to need new pads and rotors. The rotors are made from a very soft material to keep noise down and they wear out almost as fast as the pads do. I haven't talked to my buddies from that dealership in a while, but the F150s, Explorers, and Expeditions had alot of rear problems. The gears weren't cut properly and resulting in the ring and pinions going out. I do not know if they have corrected that problem, but I can call and see if they are still having problems with it.

They ride good, and I love the King Ranch editions. They handle fairly well, but I never towed with one. We did have one traded in that had an intake, exhaust, and programmer. Throttle response still sucked, but definitely a noticeable difference. I feel as if the 03s were better mainly because the 2 valve 5.4 had some massive torque at a low RPM. I would have to haul the tires off to the dump and I would use a 97-03 F150 or a F250.

I don't feel like Chevy's interior can compete with the 04-up F150s mainly because its so spacious. I have a friend with a 05 Z71 Tahoe, it drives great and I love the turning radius. Ive driven plenty of Z71s and they ride good, but nothing compared to a high end model F150. I like the Dodge 1500s for there interior room and ride quality, but there base model 4.7 SOHC motor just isn't enough to get the truck running like it should. I haven't drove one with a HEMI or a Cummings diesel. I have a buddy with a 01' Tundra (its the first year they had the TRD tundras) and it rides really well but the interior just looks cheap. Thats my mini truck review.

13. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

:dunno:
    I'm scratching my head on that one.

14. iwaxmyjimmy

4.7 liter Single Over Head Cam. It is a motor found in the Dodge Dakota and is quiet powerful in that form, pushing the Dakota into the high-mid 15 sec 1/4 mile times. That is with the the older body style (like 01)

15. muddysub

after owning 3 gm vehicles now, im not really happy with them. i dont like the way the new gm trucks look, theyre smaller feeling, definetly closer to the ground... i dont like the look of the tundra. and im not crazy about newer dodges, the suspension i think is horrible. i just feel like the ford and nissan are the best quality trucks out there right now.

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I can see your point Scott. After having so many problems with my last Chevy I bought a Dodge. I ended up getting a Dakota and I almost have 42K on the OD now with absolutely zero problem. I was always used to the bad GM quality so it kinda nice not to have sh!t falling apart left and right......

17. iwaxmyjimmy

Have any of yall drove an H2? If you have you wouldn't want to again. Talkin' about blind spots the size of Mars. And it feels like your in a fish bowl.

18. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Titan.

The Ford IMHO is a slow POS and has the worst seats I have ever sat in.

John

19. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

OK,,,buy a dodge...I did,,and I'll never look back.

I'll never buy a new chevy/gmc ever again.

Period.

End of Story

Learned my lesson on a 97 GMC Yukon 4x4--42,000 dollar vehicle--65k miles, intake gaskets failed,valve body in trans failed,steering position sensor failed,rear U-joint failed. and on and on and on.......what a POS

20. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Ford is practically giving away their trucks. I bought my wife's 05 expedition for 0% interest for the life of the loan. I have X plan through my company so I know what that truck should have cost. I paid less than 1000 over x plan price to have the 0% apr. It's been really good to us. We got it in Nov 05 and now has about 35k miles on it. (wife drives ALOT for work)

Now I've never owned a titan, but the nissan's I have owned in the past have been absolute crap. Yes, they lasted the few years i could stand them but build quality, fit and finish was less than desirable. Felt like i was driving a shopping cart.