Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New truck

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Apr 14, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I just picked up a very nice 1973 Ford F100. No rust, some minor dents but nothing major.
    360 V8, C6 auto, 9" rear axle, new 31 x 10.5 x 15 tires on white wagon rims.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a green and yellow 2 tone paint job but the green paint has burned off in the sun. Some very minor surface rust right now but I will probably hit it with a little sand paper and primer soon. I plan to make this truck my daily driver for a couple months to give me some time to fix a few little things on my '79 Chevy. I will probably take it to the midwest to sell this summer when I am done with it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

but its a ford /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

uh... Nice Ford. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

heheh just kiddin...

It actually looks pretty decent. What kind of shape is it in mechanically? I think I have a pair of 31x10.5 all terrain tires that I dont need/want if you want another pair for spares or whatnot.

4. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I didnt like fords (and still dont) except for my 1970 ford f100 w/ a 390 fe. 2wd longbed. It has been an awesome truck and a well spent 450. If it runs well you'll like it. I said I would sell mine 6 mnths ago. Its still haulin around all my chevy parts.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

It may be just a Ford, and I normally wont spend money on Ford's... But this one was in great condition and lets just say that the price was right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just needed a second vehicle that is running right now so that little repairs to my '79 Chevy can be done like fixing the radiator over flow (requires pulling the radiator to have a fitting soldered back on during the week and I wouldnt be able to drive to work let alone the radiator shop with the radiator out /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).