Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New truck

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, May 8, 2005.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sold my little cherokee to my sister who needed something dependable... Picked up a 1977 Chevy C20 Suburban yesterday. 454, TH400, 14FF, & trailering special package. Not the prettiest truck, but it will get me back and forth to work while my '79 K20 waits on a rebuilt 465/205.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, anyone got a set of seat sliders that will fit a 73-80 Suburban front seat? The front seat was missing the sliders when I bought it. With the power of the 454 the seat would tend to slide back to the back seat when I punched the gas during the test drive :grin: Though I figured out folding down the back seat worked good for holding it in place for the drive home.

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  2. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Kenny,I have the whole seat ( bench ) outta my '80 donor 1-ton. If you want it,it's yours...

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Unfortunatly the part I need is specific to a 'burb... Found that out swapping seats from a parts suburban to my '79 pickup... If I would have just held onto the old parts I had left over from that little swap I would have been fine :doah: