Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by brolic, Jul 24, 2003.

1. brolic

brolic Newbie

Jul 23, 2003
    Hi everyone I am looking for a truck this summer I want an offroad truck that can tow my drag car to the race track , and at the same time have some offroad fun. I like the older style trucks from the 70's early 80's with about a 5 inch lift. But before I undertake this I am trying to get an idea of how much money I will be spending. Since alot of you have done this before maybe you could give me some insight on how much money I need to put together and some of the trucks to stay away from. Lemme know what you think; is something with a 5 inch lift a problem for towing? Drop me any suggestions any .02 cents will go along way thanks for your help everyone.
  2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Feb 7, 2002
    Wheelin is like drag racing,

Speed cost money, how fast can you spend?

for towing and light wheelin, go with a chev pickup SWB LWB but make sure you either Get, or Make a 3/4 ton out of it. and if you have a some extra cash to sling around buy a D60 for the front, but that is only needed if you plan on running a front locker and some Moderate to Heavy wheelin your prefferance. first id build a motor for towing, then id put a 4-6 inch lift on it. and some 35"s-36"s prolly put a detroit in the rear for that added insurance id run 4:56"s in the diffs, maybe 4:88s.... and if you want bigger meats go 5"13's 38" tires and up.

This is just my opinion...