Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New TV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by txfiremank5, Apr 10, 2005.

1. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Well, I dropped the dough for a 50" Hitachi "Ultravision" LCD projection HDTV this afternoon. :blush: It's a little more than I wanted to spend .. not so much the TV but all the better quality cables etc. Plus I snagged an OK home theater system to go with it. Nothing too nice.. I'm content with something basic. So, by the time it was all added up ... :yikes: I was about ready to crawfish .. :D Well, truth be known, it's often late when I get a chance to sit down to watch any TV.. unless we all watch a disney/Pixar movie with the kiddos .. but when I do, I want to be able to enjoy it. It's sooner than I was wanting to get one.. but the TV in the living room went out, and it just seemed like the time to do it. The wife is no help in these matters, as she only encourages me to get something .. :crazy: I also catch myself thinking of all the stuff I could get for the K5 with the money..

Oh well.. it's for the whole family.. and I intend to enjoy every second of it. Besides, it's a lot cheaper than a plasma, that has a life expectancey of 8 years or so ... :yikes: who in the heck can afford a new plasma that often? I wanted to bring it home tonight.. but there was no way it would fit in the Tahoe with the kiddos too.. yeah, I thought about having them walk home.. so I will go get it tomorrow in my truck. After that .. it's on! Wheres my DVD collection?!

:woot:

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Rock on man! I know exactly what you mean about only watching Disney shows all day :grin: That's why I got Tivo. I can watch all my shows after the kids go to bed. Sounds like a bitchin TV! I would like to get a nice one like that someday, but the 32" serves it's purpose well at this point in life.

Show us some pic's tomorrow with some rock crawlin DVD or something on there. Now that would be sweet :xmas:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm just waiting for the day that the TV in our den goes out. Damn thing is like 8 years old now. I totally understand the disney thing, but even those would be better...

4. txfiremank5

I'll see what I can do.. :D I'm about to go get it soon ... but my wife pointed out the other day that my inspection on my truck is due in Oct ....

of 04 ... DOH! :blush: I never even noticed.. so I have to do that first. :grin: I guess that's one way to get 6 more months out of it. :crazy: Maybe I've been too focused on the K5 lately.

I also need to see if i can modify my entertainment center so the TV will fit. It's on of those put it together cheapos.. (have not built the one I want yet) but I think I can take the glass door off, along with the support for it and the shelves inside it, and get a lot more room for a TV in there. It will open it up the full length of the center ... so it's just a matter of how long the TV is vs the center.

:hack: :grind:

:whistle: :thumb:

5. txfiremank5

I can't believe it fit as well as it did. Looks like it was made for it.. :D Finally got most all of that done today. There were boxes and bags & papers all over the living room. Not to mention my little one thinks she has to get right up under me with a load of toys when I'm working on something.. if it's not toys.. then it's the screwdriver I had... and now she's taken it and is jackin' with something. :p: It took me the better part of the day today... making the E center work by taking out the door & shelves etc.. and getting everything unboxed... hooked up .. checked, double checked before I slide it all into place. Sort of takes the fun out of it all.

But the picture is really really nice.. sound is nice too. I do hate to learn a new system though... so that will take some getting used to.

BTW, still not done running the speakers for the HT .. but they're just gonna have to wait... I'm tired. Probably need more wire anyway.

tv 002.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that looks great. WOW i thought i was crazy buying a 36in. TV.-we never watch it-. now i want a bigger one. thanks :frown1: :D

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

very nice. i want one daddy :D

8. txfiremank5

I always liked our 36" TV, and would have kept it for a while, but since it crapped out, we figured what the heck. I still plan to get the 36" fixed... it will just be "reassigned" to our bedroom. Although I like this TV a lot.. being the tightwad I am, I still keep thinking of the other things I could do with the money. :crazy: But, I would have gotten one someday.. so, may as well be now. I'm glad I didn't get anything bigger.. the 50" is pretty much perfect for our living room, I think anything bigger would have been too much.