Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEW/USED REAREND COST ME$$$$$$!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by NEOMASTINO2U, Jul 29, 2002.

1. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

Well this is just to let off steam! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif les schwab just called me, and now instead of just a rear wheel cylinder and brakes, i need new drums and an axle seal, and the brakes and the wheel cylinders!!! oh man this is going to cost me over 600.00 just to get it fixed! now my hubby is pissed off at me that i traded aaron and now he is saying i told you so about trusting anyone, oh well i guess i won't be trading anything anymore, well thanks for letting me vent about my bad rearend!
    kelly /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

first off, don't buy brakes from Swabbies, all they do is buy from a near by parts store and jack the price up, plus labor. My buddy paid them $600 to do the brakes on his 1/2 tons, they talked him into all new everything!!!

I doubt you need that they say you do.

what rear end do you have???

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

why dont you buy a truck trader, and look in the back for parts, shop around, im sure you can find a rearend tghat will be just as good, for a lot less,

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

hey kelly,

I didnt know any of that, if i did i would of said something.

Let's find you a new rearend, a 14 bolt with 3.73 gears, i'll help pay for it OK???

I want to make it right!!!

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Shwab managers get paid on their sales #s for the year. That being said there is no reason to pay a shop of nobodys, when there is a bunch of somebodys in here. Most of which don't care about markups and bottom lines, but about everyone having fun and doing things together. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I don't know about anyone else here but I do alot of work at home, I'm a master certified technician, and that is my full time j.o.b. When I work from home on vehicles I have the person either buy the parts or I charge what I pay, no mark up. I will be honest I do charge labor......most of the time, but I stick to my orignal price no matter what. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    So I guess I feel the bottom line is if you want to get your truck fixed take advantage of your surroundings. You never know who is here to help. Going to a shop that cares only about their income only hurts you. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my buddy has a 14 bolt with 3.73's and a gov loc for $100.
    it does need spider gears i think, which Shanon(mudhog) has.

Jeremy

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

In my opinion, for what its worth Kelly, remember i have the same title as nt*jeep, and yes, Les Schwab will sell you stuff you dont need, i would go somewhere else and get the drums mic'd. 2 OUTTA 10 TECH'S CAN ACTUALLY READ THEM CORRECTLY.

And people: remember she dont need gears, she needs brake parts. wich are dirt cheap, any of us will put em on for you, and a axle seal is probly free in my tool box, 5 minute install, so calm down, brake parts are NOTHING TO GET UPSET ABOUT, .........REALLY /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Aaron isnt screwing you, he hadnt taken it apart to look at em, didnt have any reason too.

8. NEOMASTINO2U

thanks everyone, i didn't say aaron was screwing me, i know he wouldn't do that, but it is to late, les alreadys did the work, it cost me 607.00 to get her home, which is where she is now finally. i am not sure what just happened but i think they screwed me and didn't even say thank you! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif oh well, i wish i had known all of this last night and been able to post but they called me earlier today with her torn apart and said this is what you need, i had to get it done unfortunatly it is my daily driver also, i know aaron had know idea on what was going on sh$t i just found out today, they at first said brakes and wheel cylinder, then today the call came that i needed everything else. i feel like laying out on the freeway right now /forums/images/icons/frown.gif thank you guys for listening to me vent, and for the advice wish it would of come sooner so i could of stopped them, oh well now i am really broke for awhile, well they said the popping sound is my gear box but i doubt it, i am going to check her out tomorrow myself when i am not so depressed about the whole thing, and aaron it is okay really! you didn't know any more than i did okay, i am not mad at you, okay, you still going to help me with gears for the rear right? you can help me put in the gear box to! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    also i need a front driveline real bad since now i can't afford to get my old one fixed anyone have a spare laying around?! guess i won't be offroading it for awhile.
    thanks guys i mean it you are all the best
    kelly

9. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

you better believe i'll still help you kelly!!!

Now i feel like a dick cause of all this.. i wish i had known about that stuff...

I'll get some spider gears and do that for you for sure!!!

I'm off to bed been bucking alfalfa since 5:00 pm...

10. NEOMASTINO2U

thank you aaron you are a doll! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif i don't know what i would do without you! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ( save money)LOL!! hope work wasn't to hard, i will talk to you tomorrow okay!
    kelly /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

11. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Kelly-Patience is a virtue, impatience knows no vaseline.

Aaron, dont feel like a dick, you were not given enough time to even respond and thats that.

12. NEOMASTINO2U

Like i said if i could of waited on getting it fixed i would of just brought it home, but it is my daily driver so unfortunatley i needed to get her fixed, and aaron is not a dick for this, it happened nobody new not even me until it was too late, my hubby on the other hand is not very happy with me, i am to trusting of people and all he can say is told you so, i guess it is a guy thing! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif aaron knows i am not mad at him i am mad at les schwab! i had it there on saturday to get brakes bled and they just said i needed new brakes and wheel cylinder, anyway rest is history.