Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New user in AZ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FWP, Oct 11, 2000.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey all [​IMG],

Scoobydoo turned me on to this board. Glad to be here, looks like you folks have some good info to pass on, as I've been working on a 75 K5 for a year now, not done yet. I'm also new to AZ, looking forward to see what this state has to offer (been in NM the last 16 yrs.) Any of you Arizona guys, let me know when and where and I'll be there if I ain't workin.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Prescott huh? I don't think Ive been there since I was in colij at NAU, and to be honest, I really don't remember. Ive got a cousin in the DPS and a friend of mine just got a job as a school teacher. I havent been up north in years, but I'll be going more to play golf and maybe explore some trails huh? Welcome to the board, its pretty bitchin'!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Let me know where the trails are, I don't know jack (no offense to the Jack's on the board [​IMG]) about the area.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

FWP glad you found us. I'm Moose I own Toybox Off-Road. There is a great group of guys here. We are trying to get a Wheeling/Exploring trip set up for the Prescott area. Don't know when yet. But soon I hope. When I find out when the Pumpkin Patch is running in Dewey maybe we can plan a little K5 meeting. later

http://www.toyboxoffroad.com/moose

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Great, Thanks. Don't mean to be ignorant, but what's the "Pumpkin Patch'?

6. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Theres a farm right on the main road through dewey that has a huge festival every year. We try and go and get pumkins and just have a good time. Are you in prescott?

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Hi Moose, Nice to meet you. We're in Prescott Valley actually, just down the road from Dewey. The kids will be happy to hear about the pumpkins, the old store bought ones aren't as much fun as letting them pick their own [​IMG]. Just checked out your website, pretty cool. What's Toybox, what do you specialize in?

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard my fellow AZ. K5 owner!!! Hmm...used ta run up to Prescott Valley years back to fill in at the Ryder shop. Lots of cool stuff to do up there...Lynx Creek....Senator Highway....Pumpkin Patch...etc. Names Doug Wright...aka AZBLAZER. Thinkin about headin up to Dewey to check out the Pumpkin Patch on sunday....maybe i'll bring the Chalet and let you check it out if you are free that day!!!

AZBLAZER (Glendale)

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

9. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Welcome .....Clint here....living in Kingman, Az.....We are all trying to get a good wheelin trip going here in
    Az. ......you'll find that not only us guys here in Az. ...but everybody on CK5...are all a good buch of blazer owners...eager to have fun and help each other in all our projects....have a good one....~CLINT~....

10. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

>are all a good buch of blazer owners

Hey now... We don't ALL own Blazers. [​IMG]

Seriously, welcome aboard. Mesonian here.

<font color=red>~BigBurban</font color=red>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

11. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    FWP, Glad you made it over here to CK5 ! [​IMG] It sure is surprizing how many "Arizona" four wheelers there are on a site named "COLORADO K5" [​IMG]
    Weren't we going to Crown King soon? I was telling FWP about it, and he is up for it.
    Also I would be up for taking the family to the Dewey pumpkin patch ("Young's Farm", I think it's called?) Maybe we could all meet there? I think I could make it Saturday afternoon?

12. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Me and a bunch of boys are planning a trip to Crown King November 4th...we already have about 5 to 6 trucks right now!...( mostly Chevy )let me know if any of you are interested ,....and we'll dicuss a time and meeting place when the time to go get's a little closer!!!! ~CLINT~

13. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

14. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks you guys for the warm reception. Nov 4 is good for me. Sundays I gotta work, Saturdays are good any time.

15. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard! This is THE place for Blazer information. I don't make it up your way very often, might have to make an exception for a run. If anyone is ever down in the southeast corner...

16. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Dam'n...it must be real cold in Prescott!!!!!Sure glad the blazer has a heater!!!

17. FWP

FWP CRS

Not too bad, 40 at night, 65 in the day, just right for me. Coming from Albuquerque the weather's about the same. You can always put more clothes on to stay warm. When it's 110 in the shade, you can only take off so much[​IMG], Hope you got A/C that works.

18. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

No A/C ..It all got yanked out before I bought the Blazer....taking donations though for next summer!!!!!!....mail all money orders to.....lol...just kiding...no really you can help...any way...talk to you all later.....~CLINT~....

19. Orange

Orange Registered Member

Hey FWP, I live up here in Prescott Valley also. Kinda strange huh? Anyways I get my jimmy out on the town occasionaly when it's working. I work at the oil can henry's right on hwy 69. Catcha later.

Ok I'm done. OH DAMN!! It broke again.

20. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Cool....More guys in Az......