Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new user

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by marcus, Dec 21, 2001.

1. marcus

marcus Registered Member

Hi all,

Been reviewing the history of messages on here and decided to join the forum. It really looks a great source of information & experience.

I have just bought a 84 Diesel Blazer here in the UK and was wondering whether any users come from the UK. Blazers are pretty rare over here so a few contacts would be useful.

I bought the Blazer two weeks ago, after wanting one for the last year or so. I was sitting in my off-road 4x4 (a Daihatsu Fourtrak) about a year a when a Blazer Pulled up beside me. All I saw was the 'K5 Blazer' badge on the side bodywork, and as the truck pulled away, a 'Chevy Trucks, Built to last' on the tailgate. I have been looking out for a Diesel Blazer since.

Anyway, great forum, sorry for rambling, and I look forward to asking you all how to fix my new truck in the future

'84 Blazer Silverado, 6.2 Diesel, 700R4

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard!!
    I'm from Norway but I know there's a few Englishmen around here somewhere also. Blazers are rare in Norway too. I parked behind a tiny Zuzuki Samurai at the gas station and I swear the owner was afraid he'd get sucked into the radiator!![​IMG]

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

3. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Welcome!

I'm from Finland,and here are plenty of Blazers,though most of them are registered as a van,mainly because they had low tax compared to car.I'm still looking for one that's not a van.Hopefully it could be registered as a off-road truck.Much easier to modifie legally.
    I found one,but it's gasser,and with these gas prices,I don't think I buy it.Possible engine swap,maybe...

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

4. CustomCruiser

CustomCruiser Registered Member

Great forum! I recently bought an '84 K-5. It's my third 6.2. Mark, what neck of the woods are you from? South Gloucester here.

There seems to be a good supply of 6.2/6.5 parts in Houston.

Does anyone know exactly what is the difference between the 130hp and 148/151hp engines?

5. marcus

marcus Registered Member

Ryan/Custom cruiser,

I am in Poole, on the south cost, so quite a way from Gloucester...this is my first K5, hoping to keep it going forever...

From what I can make out, the difference in hp ratings is based on the type of engine (doh!). Stock trucks came with a C code engine, with the lower rating...some trucks and military Blazers came with J code heavy duty engines, with higher hp ratings.

My own truck is an 84 Silverado with all the options, fully loaded I guess. The only change from stock is a second engine. About two years ago, the previous owner snapped a con-rod and it pushed through the block. He managed to find a junk yard which had a few 6.2 engines (no mean feat in the UK!), apparently brough in from an army base in Germany. Based on this, I assume that the engine in there now is a J code engine.

BTW, if you ever need any spares, drop me a line...the previous owner wasn;t taking any chances and bought two engines...so I have a spare 6.2 in my shed, along with all the left over parts from the first dead engine (one head, fuel pump. alternator...). I also have a spare tranny (th400) and tbox (don't know which one..). I am selling the tranny/tbox as I want to keep the OD in the TH700 in the truck at the moment...but am saving up for the £1500 rebuild that it's going to need soon!

Bye!

'84 Blazer Silverado, 6.2 Diesel, 700R4