Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new vacuum lines for a/c, vents, etc...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Sep 1, 2003.

I have my Subs dash, interior all ripped apart. When I pulled the dash apart, I noticed that I had a cut vacuum line on the pass side that was T'd off of the ricirculation air actuator line on the pass kick panel. This line goes through the firewall to another actuator under the cowl. I have traced it all out, its cut at the actuator. My question is, how do I repair it? Its a very small diameter hose. If you have ever had your dash apart, you know how much fun it is. This line is the orange vacuum line.

Thanks in advance- Mat

1. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I'm not too familiar with the size of the hose you are talking about. If there is enough room on both sides of the cut, I would find some rubber vacuum hose that fits sugly over the plasic hose, cut the rubber to about 2" in legnth, and use it as a sleeve over the break. I've had to do this with hard plastic vacuum lines in the past, and it seems to work just fine.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Good advice, Nerdboy. I had to do the same thing on a MAP sensor line in a Furd 1ton van I used to own. It's a hard vacuum line and I snapped it in half changing out a heater fan. The dealer wanted about $17 for a 3ft chunk of the hard vacuum line, so I went and bought a 15 cent piece of vacuum hose that barely fit over the hard line and, voila!!!!!

3. I went to NAPA and bought 3 feet of 1/8th vacuum line. Cut enough for the splice and stuck the two original vacuum lines into that, good as new /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I cant believe all the functions on my hvac controls work now. But now the front pass window wont /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Mat

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the update, brother!!! It's always nice to know if the advice a guy gives ends up helping fix the problem.

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Yes, thanks for the update. What he said. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Now, for your window, I suggest you try kicking it a couple of times. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. I let it rest overnight and you can guess, it works now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Go figure.
    Thanks for the tips.

Mat