Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new verse old..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Jul 18, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

k hears the deal...im in high school...need a pretty dependable truck..well my k5 as a lot of yall know is not in great shape body wise and its really startin to get me down and anoyed. i would like another k5 but to save up at least 2 grand on a minumum wage job takes fricken long. now i COULD go get a used truck some were..a fairly newer one and pay it of...one for like 2-3 grand..and wouldnt take me that long, and i would HAVE the truck. but i dont like the way the new trucks are setup and all they are not really liek the older 80's ones and later. i wish i could finda k5 and pay it of but you dont find them at dealers and such anymore much lol..i would love to have enough money just to go out and buy a desent one for like 2 grand form someone. mine is complete..but the tailpan is shot and ya know the usual.and those two body mounts on the back there are gone to..or more less i took them out i figure i could get like 600 outa the thing. man this sucks i dont have the money to do the body work on it and am not really up to it either!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

by the way...this was sort of a rant lol....

Bryan

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well around here you can find late 80's blazers and pickups on these little used car lots and htey will finance them. There was one i was really lookin at a 1/2 ton shortbed 5000 REALLY good condition, but it was stock, had a 305, and single tank. I found mine for 5000 little rougher but forked up same.
    What i say do, is drive yours and keep an eye on these little used car lots for a truck like yours or something f that is what you want, and then finance it with them. You could trade em your truck, then get that truck and make payments like a new truck, and not have to give them all the cash at once

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ya know!! your right now that i think of it samething here...well i have looked in the swap sheet and some times i will see a little used dealer like a "woody's used cars" or somethin like that..sellnig an older truck. but i was in the city hear a few weeks ago and there was a k5 sittin there for sale...with the newer grill so i figure 89-91!! i wasnt sure if this was the smartest way to go about it, but i wanted to hear it form one of you guys! i DO think for me anyways thats the best plan to go, i could afford it i just dont have the time to save up the cash..monthly payments..no prob! thanx for that advice i think i will look into that!! hearing it from someone else makes me feel better bout it..lol /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif i just cant stand mine any longer i need a nice solid truck! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan