Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new WARN hub fuses

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90STYLE, Apr 5, 2001.

1. 90STYLE

90STYLE Registered Member

I was just wondering if anybody knows if the new WARN hub fuse's are available for 10 bolts yet. If anybody has these things yet... I wanted to know if they are purchased complete or as just clutch rings??? I would really like to add these to help prevent some seriuos breakage.
    Also... where can i get um and how much?

IF YOU CAN READ THIS... YOUR DAUGHTERS GOING WHEELIN'

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

ORD sells them. You can buy just the rings seperate. I put them on mine last winter haven't had a chance to break one yet but we'll see this weekend!

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya know I was just thinking about this product last night!
    Seams like a good idea to have the hub pop before the Ujoint would! Just kinda nervious about the whole fuse week link type of thing. But Warn has a great reputaion for making stuff that works so if I am to trust any company out there I guess Warn is a great place to start!!
    Anyone pop one of thease yet??
    How much $$ are they runnin?

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I emailed Warn and asked them about the 10 bolt hubs.
    The standard and premium hubs have the same internals, so the same fusible link will work in each one.

All you need is the new clutch ring PN:60863.

Regards,

Matt Dumolt
    Warn Industries

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

These have been available for at least year or so, though Warn didn't start advertising them until recently. I believe the clutch rings go for somewhere around $8-$12 a piece and you only need the buy the rings themselves (if you already have Warn hubs). Just remember to either bring a spare set of hubs along or the stock clutch rings in case you break one of the fusibles.
    Another thing to remember, these are not a cure all against breaking axleshafts or u-joints....though they do reduce the risk and in my opinion are definitely worth the cost. If you get into a situation where the tires are turned to either the left and right past a certain point, the u-joint can then become weaker then the clutch rings, so keep that in mind.

6. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    FYI, the fusable hubs, and Detroit Locker in the front end are not reccomended together !
    Both Warn and Detroit, know the reason do you ?

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

According to Warn, the Detroit Lockers have a tendency to break when a fusible hub fails because of the shock load (or maybe I should say release of pressure) that goes through the system. It must just be a fluke in the design of the Detroit because there are apparently no problems with any other locker.